VSF Jobs in Nigeria : Head, HR and Finance – VCG B ( 4 Positions)
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Victims Support Fund (VSF)
- Location: Abuja, Federal Capital Territory, Nigeria
- State: Abuja Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Nigeria - NGO Jobs in Nigeria
The Nigeria Foundation for the Support of Victims of Terrorism – Victims Support Fund (VSF) – is a programme-based organisation that provides interventions to support victims of terrorism and insurgency in Nigeria.
Our vision is to be the foremost knowledge-driven and programme-based organization, mobilizing sustainable funding and building partnerships for the support and transformation of victims of terrorism and insurgency in Nigeria. At Victims Support Fund, We believe that each employee is crucial to the delivery of our values and objectives and hope you wilt take pride in being a member of our team.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Human Resources and Finance – VCG B
Summary of Role
- Under the Supervision of the Executive Director, The Head Human Resources and Finance would be responsible for the financial, administrative and human resource management guidelines developed for the Foundation and would ensure adherence to policies, processes and procedures across VSF, whilst collaborating closely with the Executive Director and Management of the Foundation to ensure procedures are understood and embedded info the control function of the organization.
Human Resources Management and Administration:
- Maintain adequate staff level through appropriate recruitment and selection sub-system.
- Manage employee performance and maintains appropriate level of corporate performance to assure organizational success.
- Manage VSF’s logistics related activities procurement, inventory and scraps Oversee discipline and employee relations.
Budgets and Financial Planning:
- Managing budgets and other controls, including Annual budget for Client approval;
- Ensuring that financial commitments are in alignment with approved budget;
- Highlighting areas of budget variance for Management review;
- Managing financial planning and cash management.
- External Finance-Related Activities
- Liaising with External Auditors for Financial Year-end audit; Managing relationships with the banks to ensure quantity services are provided; Liaising with Tax authorities.
Accounting and Financial Reports:
- Maintaining financial data, records and information for financial reporting;
- Preparation of monthly Management Accounts and other reports required by Management;
- Preparation of Annual statutory accounts;
- Managing internal control procedures arid compliance with financial operational procedures;
- Supervising account payables to ensure that purchasing and payment procedures are complied with;
- Managing account receivables;
- Managing staff advances and retirement;
- Managing staff payroll;
- Managing statutory deductions and remittances to tax authorities;
- Providing advisory services to top management on areas of finance operations; and
- Any other duties assigned by Management.
- HND/ First degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Financial Management, Banking and Finance or related studies.
- Possession of a Masters degree in relevant areas is required for this role.
Certification and Training:
- Must be a Chartered Accountant and, registered professional with the Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria;
- Must have had previous training in International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria and/or Nigerian Institute of Management is essential for this role.
- At least 15 years experience in similar role in a comparable organization to VSF. With progressive levels of responsibility.
- Familiarity with, and ability to present, IFRS Based financial reports is critical. Must have had hands-on experience in relation to managing people, either as direct reports or responsible for managing an organisation’s human resource function.
Application Closing Date
5th January, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's and Cover Letter indicating and explaining suitability for the position to: [email protected] Note: Indigenes or residents are encouraged to apply for position at the state level