United Biscuits Jobs in Nigeria : Product and Process Development Manager – FMCG
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: United Biscuits
- Location: Nasarawa, Nigeria
- State: Lagos Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: FMCG Jobs in Nigeria
United Biscuits (UB) is a leading international biscuit manufacturer whose baking heritage goes back generations, with many recipes passed down since the 1800s. UB bakes some of the best loved sweet and savoury biscuits and cakes that are household names in their respective markets; supported by a strong culture of innovation to continually develop snack brands. Among UB’s popular brand names are McVitie’s, Penguin, go ahead!, McVitie’s Jaffa Cakes, Jacob’s, Jacob’s Cream Crackers, Twiglets, Mini Cheddars and Carr’s in the UK, BN, Delacre, Verkade and Sultana in Continental Europe and Haansbro in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Product and Process Development Manager – FMCG
- United Biscuits is currently recruiting for a Product and Process Development Manager to be based in our factory in Lagos.
- United Biscuits operates in a highly competitive market within the UK and Internationally and as such our continuous improvement initiatives are critical to our growth.
- The focus of this Product and Process Development Manager will be to look at the transfer of existing products into the site from co- manufactures, provide technical support to the site based development and improvement initiatives and to facilitate a site specific program of cost based reductions, new product development, and continuous product and process improvement.
- Co-ordinate and support a range of process development projects for the site.
- Implement changes to plant design and operation to achieve sustained improvements in process consistency and product compliance.
- Work as part of a multi- functional team with site Technical, Manufacturing, Engineering, Group Technical, NPD, UBI and Procurement to deliver a range of projects.
- Plan, run and report on factory trials.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety.
- Co-ordinate with the site’s Laboratory Technicians to support trials or analyse samples.
- Input into the development of product specifications and specification reviews.
- Provide regular project reviews to the Technical Operations Implementation Manager and Factory Manager.
- Ensure all trial data is correctly captured and collated into the appropriate report format.
- Conduct process capability assessments of new equipment and processes.
- Provide expert support to Manufacturing where issues with process control adversely affects product quality standards.
- Identify opportunities for continuous process improvements and develop justifications for capital investment.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Significant experience within process capability improvement, trouble shooting and waste reduction.
- Significant experience within new product development and implementation.
- Technical experienced and capabilities in process and product improvements.
- Experience should preferably be in Biscuit manufacturing.
- PC literate including Microsoft Office ( Minitab also a benefit ).
- Lean Six Sigma tools appreciation.
- Basic Food Hygiene.
- Excellent planning skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Working knowledge of HACCP systems and Product Specifications.
- Working knowledge of Good Manufacturing Processes.
- Ingredient functionality.
- Manufacturing processes.
- Cross functional understanding and impact.
- Good communications and Interpersonal skills.
Application Closing Date