UNICEF Jobs in Nigeria : Health Officer- NOB, TA
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
- Location: Bauchi, Nigeria
- State: Bauchi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Nigeria
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) – For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Officer- NOB, TA
Job Number: 501904
Key Expected Results/Major Responsibilities
- Participate in conducting/updating the situation analysis for the field office health program development, design and management of health related programs. Research and report on development trends (e.g. political social, economic, health) for office management use to enhance program management, efficiency and delivery of results.
- Contribute to the development/establishment of health program goals, objectives and strategies and results-based planning through analysis of health needs and areas for intervention and submission of recommendations for priority and goal setting.
- Provide technical and operational support throughout all stages of programming processes by executing/administering a variety of technical program transactions, preparing materials/documentations and complying with organizational processes and management systems, to support program planning, results based planning (RBM) and monitoring and evaluating results.
- Prepare required documentations/materials to facilitate the program review and approval process. Keep record of reports and assessments for easy reference and/or to capture and institutionalize lessons learnt.
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises, program reviews and annual sectoral reviews with government and other counterparts to assess programs and to report on required action/interventions at the higher level of program management.
- Conduct regular program field visits and surveys and/or exchange information with partners/stakeholders to assess progress and provide technical support, take appropriate action to resolve issues and/or refer to relevant officials for resolution. Report on critical issues, bottlenecks and potential problems for timely action to achieve results.
- Build and sustain effective close working partnerships with health sector government counterparts and national stakeholders through active sharing of information and knowledge to enhance program implementation and build capacity of stakeholders to deliver concrete and sustainable results.
Qualification & Experience
- A University Degree in public health/nutrition, pediatric health, family health, health research, global/international health, health policy and/or management, environmental health sciences, biostatistics, socio-medical, health education, epidemiology or other health related sciences is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in public health/nutrition planning and management and/or in relevant areas of maternal and neonatal health care, health emergency/humanitarian preparedness, at the international level and/or in a developing country is required. Experience in health/nutrition program/project development in UN system agency or organization is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset
- Core Values (Required)
- Diversity and Inclusion
Core Competencies (Required):
- Communications (II)
- Working with People (I)
- Drive for Results (I)
Functional Competencies (Required):
- Formulating strategies and concepts (I)
- Analyzing (II)
- Applying Technical Expertise (II)
- Learning and researching (II)
- Planning and Organizing (II)
Application Closing Date
27th December, 2016.