TTC Mobile Limited Jobs in Nigeria : Fibre Technician (4 Positions)
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: TTC Mobile Limited
- Location: Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
- State: Ekiti Jobs - Kano Jobs - Lagos Jobs - Oyo Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Nigeria
TTC Mobile Limited – Our client is a leading Internet Service Provider with head office in Victoria Island, Lagos and branches across Nigeria.
As a result of business expansion, the position below is available for suitable qualified candidates:
Job Title: Fibre Technician
The Job will involve the following functions:
- Ability to conduct site surveys for the installation of drop (last-mile) cabling.
- Liaise with the customer and ipNX sales team to determine the preferred location of customer modem (CPE) in the building.
- Liaise with the Outside Plant Supervisor and the Supply Chain Management team to sign out required activation materials (e.g drop cable) from the store.
- Employ the service of casual labourers for minor civil works where required in laying the drop cable.
- Ensure drop cable is correctly and neatly installed from the nearest access terminal indoors/outdoors into the customer’s residence.
- Measure the Db loss of fibre cabling using the appropriate tools.
- Do minor troubleshooting with light source and power meter to ensure the optic fibre connection Db loss is within range to achieve an excellent connection.
- Do minor corrective procedures such as cleaning optic fibre connectors, couplers, re-splicing the drop cable or replacing the drop cable.
- Install and make the interconnection between the drop cable and the customer’s modem (CPE).
- Test and commission the CPE with the supervision of the ipNX NOC.
- Sign-off with the customer.
- Complete all required documentation to ensure inventory databases are accurate.
- Minimum of Ordinary National Diploma (OND) in science or engineering related courses.
- Exceptions may be made in the case of those who studied other disciplines but with field experience in the installation of optic fibre cabling.
Non Technical Skills:
- Ability to engage customers, customer focus, timeliness, being target driven, quality consciousness, ability to work without supervision and ability to lead a small team to deliver on targets.
- Ability to use fibre optic tools such as optical light source, optical power meter, splicing tool and Optical
- Time Domain Reflectometer (OTDR) will be an added advantage. Ability to use the computer and Microsoft office applications is a key requirement.
- Experience in the installation of any type of cabling such as Cable TV, fixed telephone lines and DSL will be an added advantage.
- Quick learners are preferred, since this will require working on new technology.
Application Closing Date