TPIL Jobs in Nigeria : Legal Officer
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Townsend Property Investments Limited
- Location: Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
- State: Lagos Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Legal Jobs in Nigeria
Job Title: Legal Officer
- We need a Legal Officer to the Managing Director/CEO.
- An experienced PA being a Lawyer is required for this position to ensure that the Managing Director/CEO has excellent administrative support, enabling her to focus on business development and high-level management issues.
- S/he will be an excellent organizer and communicator with a proactive and friendly attitude.
- S/he must have the multi-tasking ability and flexibility to work in the dynamic and ever-evolving environment, and must be able to work well under pressure to meet tight deadline.
- S/he legal experience is expected to be used to handle of the legal related activities of the company at any particular time.
As a Legal Officer, your responsibilities include but not limited to the under listed:
- Provide as well as superintends the provision of legal advisory services to the company;
- In conjunction with external solicitors, supervises the provision of litigation services to the company;
- Organize and attend management meetings and render all necessary secretarial services in respect thereof;
- Advising on compliance issues generally with the applicable laws, rules and regulations;
- Maintaining the registers and other records required to be maintained by the company under subsisting legislations;
- Developing and overseeing the systems that ensure the company complies with all applicable codes of Corporate Governance, as well as all relevant regulatory and statutory requirements;
- To develop, in conjunction with the various relevant departments appropriate contracting systems and procedures for the service;
- To establish and maintain a contract monitoring system with relevant departments that ensures that service providers and vendors abide by the dictates of their contracts;
- To take responsibility, as delegated, for negotiating, implementing, monitoring and reviewing contractual arrangements with independent service providers.
- To ensure that the contracting process is efficient, focuses on service outcomes and is underpinned by the principles of best value;
- To regularly review contract compliance through liaison, support and performance monitoring as a means of assisting providers maintain agreed standards.
Qualification, Experience & Attributes
- Minimum of 2nd Class Upper LL.B Degree; and Barrister at Law (BL) from any reputable tertiary institution.
- Minimum of 4 years Legal Officer and company secretary experience with a large listed company.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- A very good organizational skill.
- Excellent presentation, written and communication skills.
- Ability to fluently interface with all levels of senior management.
- Ability to think creatively, multi-task and work without supervision.
- The successful candidate must not be more than 30 years of age.
- Be confidential with all information concerning the MD except when you have authorization to do otherwise.
Application Closing Date
5th December, 2016.