The FUT Jobs in Nigeria : Director of Physical Planning
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: The Federal University of Technology, Owerri
- Location: Owerri, Imo, Nigeria
- State: Imo Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Nigeria
The Federal University of Technology, Owerri was established in 1980 by the Federal Government of Nigeria. The University strives for excellence an is poised to becoming one of the best University of Technology in the world. The University is committed to the production of high level manpower, engaged in cutting edge research and community service for the achievement of national developmental goals and global relevance.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Director of Physical Planning
- The Director of Physical Planning and Development is the Chief Physical Planning Officer of the University responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for all aspects of Physical Planning and Infrastructural Development of the University as well as advising the University on the formulation, execution and review of policies affecting the Physical Planning and Development Section.
- The candidates for the position of Director of Physical Planning and Development must exhibit considerable degree of competence, responsiveness, and demonstrable integrity for the running of the Department of Works and Directorate of Physical Planning and Development Unit respectively of a University.
- Prospective candidates must be proficient in ICT particularly in Computer Aided Designs and controls.
- The candidate must not be more than Fifty-nine (59) years of age at the time of appointment and must be in good health to be able to endure the rigours of the duty of Director of Works/Physical Planning and Development of a fast growing speeialised University of Technology.
- The candidates must have a good honours Degree either in Engineering, Architecture or Quantity Surveying and similar professions from a recognised University and at least Fifteen (15) years of relevant post qualification service experience at University/equivalent level.
- Candidates should be officers of not below the rank of a Deputy Director of Works/Physical Planning in a University or a similar institution.
- Possession of a higher degree and membership of relevant professional body(ies) such as the Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE), Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN), Nigeria Institute of Architects (NIA) and Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveyors NIQS) will be an added advantage.
Conditions of Service
- The appointment is for a period of five (5) years and is pensionable.
- The basic salary attached to the post is CONTISS (11)15.
- Other allowances and fringe benefits are as currently applicable to similar positions in the Nigerian University System and as may be determined by the Federal Government and the Governing Council from time to time.
Application Closing Date
26th January, 2017.
How to ApplyInterested and qualified candidates should submit Thirty (30) copies of their applications and detailed Curriculum Vitae highlighting among others the following:
- Name in full (Surname, in capital letters)
- Place and Date of Birth
- Permanent Home Address
- Contact Address: Postal Address, GSM Number(s) and E-mail Address
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children (if any)
- Educational institutions attended (with dates)
- Academic and Professional Qualifications obtained (with dates)
- Working experience, including full details of former and present post(s)
- Present Employment, indicating present status and salary
- Extra Curricula Activities
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees