The Federal University Lokoja Jobs in Nigeria : Registrar
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Company: The Federal University Lokoja
- Location: Lokoja, Kogi, Nigeria
- State: Kogi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Nigeria
The Federal University Lokoja was established by the Federal Government of Nigeria in February 2011. The University is presently operating at its Adankolo campus (take-off site) situated in the heart of Lokoja, behind the Kogi State Specialist Hospital while its Permanent Site is located at Felele, along Lokoja – Okene Road. The University’s vision is to be the best among the twelve new Federal Universities established within the same period and one of the top ten (10) Universities in Africa. It is committed to developing high level of manpower and innovative individuals to drive the vision of its founding fathers and Nigeria as a whole.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidate to fill the soon to be vacant position below in the Federal University Lokoja:
Job Title: Registrar
- The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the University and shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration of the University except as regards to financial matters for which the Bursar is responsible.
- The Registrar is also the Secretary to the Council, Senate, Congregation and Convocation.
- Candidates for the post shall be visionary and have the ability to provide good leadership; possess personal integrity and must not be more than Sixty (60) years of age at the time of appointment.
- The appointmentis for a period of five (5) years.
Qualifications and Experience
The criteria to be satisfied by candidates for this post are as follows:
- Must possess a good honours Degree from a recognized University, possession of higher degree(s) is an added advantage;
- Must have minimum of Fifteen (15) years cognate experience in University Administration;
- Must have attained the rank of Deputy Registrar in a University;
- Must be computer literate and have a demonstrable competence in lnformation Communication Technology;
- Must be physically and mentally fit,..
- Must have a good working knowledge of current administrative principles, practices and processes.
Conditions of Service
The conditions of service for the position of the Registrar are as obtainable in Federal Universities in Nigeria and as may be determined from time to time by the University’s Governing Council.
Application Closing Date
13th December, 2016.
How to ApplyInterested and qualified candidates should submit Twenty (20) hard copies and one (1) soft copy of their applications and detailed Curnculum Vitae along with photocopies of their educational and professional credentials. The Curriculum Vitae should highlight the following, among others:
- Post applied for
- Full Name (surname underlined)
- Place and Date of Birth
- State of Origin and Local Government
- Current postal address
- E-mail address and phone numbers.
- Marital status
- Educational institutions attended with dates
- Academic and Professional qualifications obtained (with dates)
- Name(s) and address(es) of previous employer(s)
- Positions held and dates
- Name and address of present employer
- Present salary
- Administrative experience
- Membership of professional bodies
- Extra-curricular activities
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees