SCPL Jobs in Nigeria : General Manager, Production
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Smart Partners Consulting Limited
- Location: Lekki, Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
- State: Lagos Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Production Jobs in Nigeria
Smart Partners Consulting Limited – A Consulting firm in the Mainland region of Lagos, urgently want to take on board passionate graduates (interns) with good personality, basic communication skills, computer savvy and willingness to learn the trade of Human Resources consulting.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Manager, Production
- The General Manager will manage several departments such as Production, Quality, Finance, and Logistic. HR and Operations and make sure the company is viable with a defined and clear strategy.
- The General manager is responsible for Overseeing management of the manufacturing plant in a food production operation to produce products in the most cost effective manner within quality standards. The general manager will also be responsible for interpreting reports from different departments and setting out the best Key Performance Indicators.
- Formulates and recommends manufacturing policies and programs which guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation. Directs activities so that approved products are manufactured on schedule and within quality standards and cost objectives.
- Manages manufacturing facilities to ensure that production is produced in a timely and cost effective manner while meeting all governmental guidelines.
- Responsible for achieving optimum labor and least amount of overhead and raw material costs.
- Develops, monitors, and reports on operating costs within functional areas. Alerts management of cost and labor over run, Makes recommendations and implements solutions to problems related to same.
- Ensures orders are manufactured according to specifications and quality standards are met.
- Managers labor issues including safety, security, employee relations, scheduling, training,
- grievances and the like. Ensures plant managers and supervisors are adhering to company policy and administering practices in fair and equitable manner.
- Manages budget and controls expenses, effectively.
- Hires, trains, develop, and appraise staff effectively. Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Consults with Human Resources as appropriate.
- Keeps up-to-date on information and technology affecting functional area(s) to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
- Support / Promote Continuous Improvement activities to enhance plant efficiencies and ensure the plant is meeting customer expectations.
- Sourcing new/potential clients.
- Follow all GMPs and work in a manner consistent with all corporate and regulatory, food safety, quality and sanitation requirements.
- Must act in accordance with the regulatory bodies regarding food processing and Export Processing Zone Authority.
- Must be familiar with different incoterms used during exportation and importation of raw
- materials and finished goods.
- The incumbent needs to be good decision maker with significant organizational skills to manage the company.
- Ability to provide leadership to a diverse group of people
- Ability to handle multiple simultaneous tasks and to function well under pressure
- Experience of 5+ years in a managerial position in a food processing/manufacturing company. (International experience will be appreciated)
- High knowledge in Accounting and Finance will be appreciated
- Degree in Business Management, Finance, Accounting or related subject is required.
Application Closing Date
31st December, 2016.