Schlumberger Jobs in Nigeria : Project Manager
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Schlumberger
- Location: Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
- State: Lagos Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Nigeria
Schlumberger is the world’s leading supplier of technology, integrated project management and information solutions to customers working in the oil and gas industry worldwide. Employing approximately 108,000 people representing over 140 nationalities and working in more than 85 countries, Schlumberger provides the industry’s widest range of products and services from exploration through production.
The Project Manager is accountable to ensure the project keeps within budget and schedule for a fast-track offshore / onshore oil & gas construction project. This will require management of other project management team members, interaction with other departments within the client oil company (e.g. Drilling, Government Relations, Operations), as well as co-ordination of the activities of the different contractors and vendors engaged on the project, including the offshore installation and hook up scopes.
The Project Manager will communicate articulately and persuasively to client senior management and other key stakeholders, enjoy solving problems, and work well as part of a team and manage work by other people.
- Provides direction, coaching and guidance in lean project management including the development of personnel assigned to the team adopting an attitude of care and respect for self and colleagues
- Co-ordinates and plans resource and recruitment requirements. Provides competence assurance for the tasks undertaken, is responsible for team performance and improvement as required.
- Provides effective communication at all levels ensuring that all interfaces including stakeholders is effectively being managed, strive for continuous improvement through knowledge sharing
- Management of the project QHSE and risk management
- Define and execute project improvement plans
- Management of the main contractors including engineering design, fabrication, heavy lift vessels and construction and commissioning
- Application of client’s standards and local legislation, ensures adherence to Company processes and procedures where applicable
- Complies with, and ensures the implementation of, the Company Safety & Environment Policy. Demonstrates visible commitment to an excellent HSSE performance, including understanding of the Client and In-Country Standards. Commits to excellent Quality management, including the implementation of a Quality Management Strategy compliant with Client Standards
- Engineering degree or equivalent
- Offshore medical and survival certification
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Minimum 10+ years’ oil and gas experience with at least 4+ years’ experience as Project Manager for an operator (preferred) or oilfield service main contractor may be considered
- The candidate will have knowledge and direct work experience is preferred in jacket fabrication, subsea construction, offshore heavy lifting, FPSO offshore commissioning
- Proven work experience in delivery in the West African environment