Schlumberger Jobs in Nigeria : Construction and Commissioning Manager
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Schlumberger
- Location: Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
- State: Lagos Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Construction/Real Estate Jobs in Nigeria
Schlumberger is the world’s leading supplier of technology, integrated project management and information solutions to customers working in the oil and gas industry worldwide. Employing approximately 108,000 people representing over 140 nationalities and working in more than 85 countries, Schlumberger provides the industry’s widest range of products and services from exploration through production.
Construction and Commissioning Manager
The Construction and Commissioning Manager is responsible for managing and supervising the construction and commissioning of the offshore facilities to keep within budget and schedule for a fast-track offshore / onshore oil & gas construction project. This will require management of construction and commissioning team members interaction with other departments within the client Oil Company as well as co-ordination of the activities of the different contractors and specialist vendors engaged. This will include the onshore facilities construction, offshore subsea construction, offshore platform installation and hook up, management of commissioning and completion controls scopes.
The Construction and Commissioning Manager will communicate articulately and persuasively to client senior management and other key stakeholders, enjoy solving problems, and work well as part of a team and manage work by other people. They will also have the ability to motivate construction and commissioning workforce including offshore site visits.
- Provides direction, coaching and guidance in construction and commissioning management including the development of personnel assigned to the team adopting an attitude of care and respect for self and colleagues
- Co-ordinates and plans resource and recruitment requirements ensuring sufficient resources mobilization to meet the project schedule. Provides competence assurance for the tasks undertaken, is responsible for team performance and improvement as required. Review and approve contractor competencies and method statements
- Provide constructability input into the design assist in the development of construction and commissioning procedures and plans, review and approve contractor design and installation proposals ensuring that all work is to the required standard and that all drawings, specifications, inspections and certifications are strictly adhered to
- Provides effective communication at all levels ensuring that all interfaces is effectively being managed co-ordinated, strive for continuous improvement through knowledge sharing
- Management of the main contractors including engineering design, fabrication, heavy lift vessels and construction and commissioning. Responsible for material control and site services
- Application of client’s standards and local legislation, ensures adherence to Company processes and procedures where applicable
- Establish and ensure the project has an effective Risk Management, HSSE, Quality Assurance and Control playing an active role especially during construction and commissioning phase. Complies with, and ensures the implementation of, the Company Safety & Environment Policy. Demonstrates visible commitment to an excellent HSSE performance, including understanding of the Client and In-Country Standards. Commits to excellent Quality management, including the implementation of a Quality Management Strategy compliant with Client Standards
- Engineering degree or equivalent
- Offshore medical and survival certification
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Minimum 10+ years’ oil and gas experience with at least 4+ years’ experience as Construction Manager for an operator (preferred) or oilfield service main contractor may be considered
- The preferred candidate will have direct work experience in jacket fabrication, subsea construction, offshore heavy lifting, FPSO offshore commissioning
- Proven work experience in delivery in the West African environment