Save The Children Jobs in Nigeria : Logistics Assistant
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Save The Children
- Location: Zamfara, Nigeria
- State: Zamfara Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Nigeria
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world. Join our dedicated and diverse staff in their work to improve the well-being of children everywhere.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Logistics Assistant
- The Logistics Assistant will be responsible for supporting the logistics officer in vehicle fleet, assets, communications, procurement, security and properties to ensure effective, transparent and accountable logistic support to the Save the Children programs in Zamfara.
- Liaise with program teams to ensure adequate logistical consideration for coordination and planning of program implementation. Provide technical support and guidance to program teams on logistical elements of distribution & procurement planning.
Key Areas of Accountability
Transport & Fleet:
- Managing and tracking of all vehicles on the fleet, including movement planning and day-to-day allocation
- Manage, maintain and repair vehicles in safe and efficient working order
- Ensure that vehicles are checked on a daily basis, and that regular service and maintenance is carried out as per agreed schedule
- Ensure vehicles have current and lawful documentation.
- Receive travel requests, and maintain trip schedules and Staff Movement Board.
Asset & Facility Management:
- Oversee the issuance and return of assets to/from staff
- Ensure good condition of assets, and maintain asset condition reports.
- Establish and maintain a list of contact details for preferred service providers including carpenters, electricians, plumbers, generator servicers and builders and make this list available to staff.
Procurement and Supply:
- Warehouse and store management
- Oversee all stock inflow and outflow
- Recording all incoming goods for suppliers and prepare goods receive note
- Update stock/bin cards regularly
- Support program team in dispatching program suppliers to the LGAs
- Monthly stock count
- Prepare monthly stock report
- Ensure cleanliness of the store
Administration & Reports:
- Maintain all logistic files in an organized, accurate and up to date manner
- Line manages, coordinate, monitor and guide the work of all project the drivers.
- Ensure Office Assist cleans the office and office environment.
- Produce logistics site report, vehicle and generator cost performance report.
- Update the vehicle cost schedule and produce regular vehicle performance and cost reports and send to CO once per month.
- Comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child protection, conduct, fraud, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies
- Work in close collaboration with the finance and administration departments to ensure effective operstrong team spirit.
- Ensure that the FO SAT phones are tested once every month.
- Carry out any other tasks required by the line manager
Qualification and Experience
- Level of Education – B.Sc/HND in Economics, Accounting, Business Management, Computer Science or Statistics
- Diplomacy, tact and negotiating skills.
- Team-working skills.
- Flexibility under pressure and in response to changing needs.
- Attention to detail and excellent numeracy.
- Good experience in: purchasing, clearing and forwarding.
- Good experience in Warehousing, vehicle management, administration.
- Practical experience in working HF and VHF radios.
- Ability to keep clear and concise records.
- Valid clean driving license and sound driving skills.
- Commitment to SCI child safeguarding policies, equal opportunity and gender policies.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and with the aims and objectives of SCI
- Knowledge of the Zamfara state terrain and specifically the WINNN/CDGP/CEFM programme. (Desirable)
- Experience in Warehouse and fleet Management.
- Warehouse training or qualification an added advantage.
- Experience and good team work (integration).
- Good written and spoken English required.
- Basic working knowledge of local language.
Ability and willingness to travel to projects and stay in basic conditions when necessary.
Application Closing Date