Rescue Technologies Limited Jobs in Nigeria : ALS Doctors
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Rescue Technologies Limited
- Location: Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
- State: Lagos Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Nigeria
Rescue Technologies Limited – Our Company is a foremost provider of technically enhanced Emergency and Medical services solutions.
PURPOSE OF SUBJECT POSITION
Responds to emergency medical dispatch, providing ALS care procedure and Clinical management of acute and chronic cases at the scene of a medical event, en route to the hospital and also rendering other emergency medical care as appropriate to the practice of the registered medic
Adheres to Company, local and state guidelines regarding patient care.as per the appropriate Protocols under the direction and supervision of the CMA through standing orders, radio, or telephone communications.
- Ensures that the vehicle and medical equipment is ready for use at the beginning of the shift and after every call; This includes: appropriate cleaning and disinfecting of the interior and exterior of the vehicle; appropriate cleaning and disinfecting of equipment; inspecting; restocking, and completing daily checklists of the vehicle and equipment; and performing routine maintenance.
- Performs daily inspections of their base and/or station for cleanliness. Then performs the appropriate housekeeping duties to ensure their living quarters are clean, free from clutter and sanitary at all times.
- Responds to RTLtical events and non-emergencies using appropriate care and caution in accordance with Nigerian law & regulations, Company SOPP, and the principles of safe emergency vehicle operation. consistent with good judgment and the provision of high quality medical care in the ambulance, homes, hotels, offices, work sites and health facilities.
- Accompanies ALS and BLS patients to their destination, continuing to provide appropriate care and patient advocacy until the responsibility for the patient has been transferred to an appropriate medical professional and a report has been given.
- Acts at all times in the best interests of high quality patient care, and in such a manner to reflect credibly on RTL and the professional reputation of the company
- Acts at all times with his/her personal safety in mind, as well as the safety of his/her partner, the patient, other medical personnel, bystanders, and any other public safety personnel present.
- Adheres to Universal Precautions when dealing with patient contacts. Is familiar with and practices the Infection Control policies and procedures of RTL
- Completes all appropriate documentation and record keeping for every assignment; Co-signs all patient care forms for completeness.
- Obtains complete billing information for all clients transported where indicated
- When necessary and appropriate, acts as a team leader in directing and supervising other members of the medical care team.
- And any other task as may be required by management
In addition, the ALS doctor should be able to achieve the following medical and instrumentation requirement:
- Advanced clinical assessment including interpretation of blood tests and x-rays
- Bedside laboratory diagnosis, interpretation and treatment
- Use of mechanical ventilators and medication administration devices like Syringe drivers
- Use of an expanded range of medications relevant to the role
- Advanced airway management (including medication facilitated
- Intra-osseous access
- External cardiac pacing and synchronised cardioversion
- Advanced clinical management of pain, ACS and cardiac dysrthymias including cardiac
- arrest, trauma and abnormalities of ventilation
- Emergency management of the unconscious patient, cardiac arrest, asthma, anaphylaxis,
- burns, narcotic overdose, chest pain, acute cardiogenic pulmonary oedema (ACPO),
- hypoglycaemia, pain control (using narcotics), seizures, traumatic brain injury, spinal injury,
- abnormalities of ventilation, neurovascular incidents & hypovoleamia
- Electrocardiogram (ECG) monitoring and interpretation
- Obstetric emergencies and childbirth
- Use of a stretcher with other patient movement and extrication devices
- Emergency driving
- Emergency management and triage
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Copy of Certificate of Board Certification by Medical and Dental Council, Nigeria (MDCAN)
- Copy of Certificate of Completion of ALS, BLS, ATLS, ITLS, PALS, PHTLS,
- Copy of current practice licence
- 3-5yrs working experience in similar position
Previous experience working in an ER, Ambulance unit, RTLtical care unit and medical aviation is an added advantage