Plan International Jobs in Nigeria : Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
- Company: Plan International
- Location: Mubi, Adamawa, Nigeria
- State: Adamawa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Nigeria
Plan International is an independent child-centered international development organization committed to advancing the rights of children and fight against poverty. Plan has no religious, political and government affiliation. For over 78 years, we have supported girls and boys and their communities around the world to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to claim their rights, free themselves from poverty and live positive fulfilling lives. Plan currently works in 70 countries including Nigeria.
Plan International officially started operations in Nigeria in 2014 and works to strengthen and promote the rights of children. Our programme is currently focused on basic education; improve community health services, youth and citizens’ participation in governance and creating economic opportunities and livelihoods for the poor, building resilient communities through our emergency and humanitarian response in the Northeast. Plan Nigeria works with communities, civil society organizations, development partners, government at all levels and the private sector.
Our Humanitarian Response Program is looking for people who are experienced, dedicated, have passion and want to make a difference in the lives of people to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Reports to: Field Coordinator
- The purpose of this role is to co-ordinate M&E and CPIMS activities of the Field Offices of Plan International Nigeria’s Emergency response programmes in the Northeast of Nigeria in line with
- International best practices and relevant guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Advise Humanitarian Unit on all aspects of security, management issues and trends in the North East
- Support the development and implementation of program M&E plans to capture project performance and results, including data reporting, assessments, and all monitoring and evaluation activities
- Support the development and data flow pattern for program that will ensure timely data collection and reporting
- Support to ensure that M&E-specific elements of local partner capacity strengthening plans are successfully implemented
- Report results of M&E activities by providing written documentation about progress toward achieving indicators/targets, as appropriate
- Provide leadership at field office level on M&E to ensure the program technical integrity to achieve program goal and corresponding objectives and targets
- Ensure high-quality implementation, in close collaboration with the Field based team, sector Specialists and the M&E Manager, and consistency in protocols, information and reporting systems
- Lead efforts at field office level to monitor and evaluate project interventions, document results and provide feedback to stakeholders to guide decision-making
- Lead efforts to utilize training monitoring systems to track and monitor trainers and participants at training events to facilitate follow-up and recordkeeping
- Utilize the training data collected to inform strategic decision-making and project planning
- Support targeted evaluations and operations research, including design, data collection, management and analysis
- Ensure quality of data through data verification procedures, including routine data quality audits
- Cultivate strategic M&E relationships and alliances, and represent M&E activities in public and professional circles through meetings, conferences, and presentations
- Support to ensure relevant data is entered into organization-wide data management system designed to capture, analyse, and disseminate project data
- Support the dissemination of project information among the project team
- Facilitate M&E capacity-building activities with project staff and implementing partners
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors’ degree and 5 years of work experience in monitoring and evaluating large multi-year international development programs, with a robust M&E component. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, research, reporting, data quality assessments, data analysis and presentation.
- Demonstrated strong management, coordination, teamwork and planning skills with proven ability to function effectively with multiple counterparts in private, public and NGO sectors.
- Strong understanding of M&E, policy and compliance requirements.
- Familiarity with M&E for protection projects including the Child Protection Information
- Management System (CPIMS)
Skills & Knowledge:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English including excellent facilitation skills and demonstrated technical writing skills for publication.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse international teams.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Strong technical skills, including ability to process and analyse data using one or more statistical software packages
Physical Environment and Demands:
- Frequent travel to field/communities to coordinate project activities
Level of Contact with Children:
- High contact- the job responsibilities of this position require the post holder to have medium to low contact with children. It is expected that children shall be protected at all times.
Application Closing Date
30th December, 2016.
How to ApplyInterested and qualified candidates should submit a full CV and a comprehensive Cover letter setting out their reasons for applying for the post and outlining the qualifications, experience, knowledge and skills that you feel you can bring to the role to: Nigeria.Recruitment@Plan-international.org Note
- Indicate the Job title and location as subject of the mail. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities.