PI Jobs in Nigeria : Monitoring and Evaluation Adviser
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Palladium International
- Location: Kano, Kano, Nigeria
- State: Kano Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Policy/Monitoring Jobs in Nigeria
Palladium develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and non-profit organisations. Palladium is built on the idea that progress will be supported by four key pillars: International Development, Strategy Execution Consulting, Impact Investment, Training and Events. We create positive impact through more than 100 current projects with more than 2000 employees operating in over 90 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position of below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Adviser
- They will service all three programme state teams based in Kano, Jigawa and Kaduna, as well as provide support to other cross cutting senior managers and advisers in terms of implementing the M&E system of the programme.
- The role is part of the senior management team and is responsible for ensuring that strategic, management, and reporting decisions are informed by robust M&E data and evidence.
- The role will play a key part in ensuring that M&E data is collected to a high quality and used to inform programme learning and adaptation.
- Mobilising for Development (M4D) aims to support local governance towards enhanced accountability and service delivery.
- It sets out to provide technical and capacity support for Local Government Authorities (LGAs) and local-level community-based organisations (CSOs and CBOs) and to support innovative and politically astute approaches to reform that leads to improved accountability and service delivery.
- The programme works in three focal states in Northern Nigeria: Kano, Kaduna and Jigawa. In each of these states, the programme works in three focal LGAs. The Results, Monitoring and Evaluation Adviser will take overall charge of steering, advising on, and management of the Monitoring & Evaluation activities of the programme.
Specific activities include (but are not limited to):
- Ensure the development, evolution and recording of results against the M4D logframe focusing on the identification of measurable indicators and targets and milestones, the use of appropriate data sources, the recording of accurate baselines, and results. This includes implementation of the Monitoring and Evaluation Learning (MEL) Strategy and Plan.
- Ensure that monitoring data is shared with implementation team, and facilitate programme learning processes to support evidence-based adaptation.
- Lead on periodic reviews and revisions of the MEL Strategy and Plan.
- Development of annual M&E costed workplans (including accompanying narrative), and ensuring a high degree of accuracy in forecasting
- Play a lead role in preparing for Annual Reviews, external evaluation and lesson learning.
- Periodic maintenance and updating of the M&E database at state (working closely with state teams) and national levels.
- Providing necessary support (including documentation) to the external Independent Evaluation Manager (IEM), and ensuring that the findings of IEM are incorporated into the results of the programme and M&E reporting.
- Work in collaboration with the Communications and Knowledge Management Adviser and state teams to develop key lessons, case studies, success stories and learning events as required for reporting and information dissemination to stakeholders
- Provision of capacity building and mentoring support for M4D programme staff and partners to help them gather, analyse and report on M&E data on a regular basis.
- Work with all cross-cutting advisers (Grants, Better Fit Approaches; Gender and Social Inclusion, Communications; Governance and Capacity Development) to support M&E of cross-cutting activities.
- Periodic contribution to the reporting requirements of the programme, for example: Quarterly and Annual Reports
- Support the programme operational research activities
- Work closely with the Finance team to contribute to the production of Value for Money analysis.
- Any other duties required by the Team Leader
EXperience and Skills
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant M&E experience at a senior level, preferably in a governance or accountability programme.
- Good grasp of monitoring and evaluation principles, frameworks and tools (Theories of Change, Logframes etc) strong conceptual and technical skills to shape information gathering and analysis frameworks and reports.
- Good data coordination and handling skills to cope with version control, data gathering timelines and reporting requirements.
- Good leadership, management and interpersonal skills to communicate requirements to others and to enable their effective engagement in monitoring and evaluation procedures.
- Experience of working with DFID programmes will be an added advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal English skills essential. Knowledge of Hausa a strong advantage.
- Local residents are encouraged to apply for this position.
Application Closing Date
9th January, 2017.