Peoplesource Jobs in Nigeria : Senior Contract Specialist
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Peoplesource
- Location: Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
- State: Nigeria
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Nigeria - Legal Jobs in Nigeria
Our client is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. It provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
To help accelerate growth and transformation, we are looking to recruit the following roles for our client:
Senior Contract Specialist
Job Ref – PISCS 01
The Senior Contract Specialist will be be responsible for complex contract drafting, compliance, risk management, audit, policy, negotiation support and supplier qualification oversight activities. Working closely with the technical project teams, procurement, operations and other supporting functions to ensure successful integration and support of proposal efforts, contract execution and supplier management initiatives.
1. Working closely with other functions in an integrated team environment to develop procurement contract structures for a variety of complex goods and services.
2. Develops and implements policies, procedures and processes for the supply chain function.
3. Provide contract risk and compliance oversight to the procurement department.
4. Supporting leadership related to Supplier Management strategy and resolves issues. Identify risks and develop mitigation strategies that support successful execution of the procurement packages.
5. Conducts oversight and management of procurement process, subcontract and supply chain audits as required.
6. Provide support to complex subcontract negotiations and produce playbooks/training materials for procurement teams.
7. Establishes operating plan for procurement risk and compliance assessment activities.
8. Lead interface between procurement and legal department on subcontract strategies and subcontract risk management.
9. Provides expert support to assessments and the development of recovery plans, corrective and preventative actions related to subcontract claims and disputes.
10. Supports the development of company or business unit procurement strategies. Provides oversight and guidance for category strategies.
11. Assist project teams in their review of tender and bid documentation, and provide recommendations on contract terms and conditions
12. Review bid clarifications/qualifications and related business opportunity documentation drafted by project teams
13. Identify and discuss contracting and commercial risks and implications with project managers, regional managers, and senior executives
14. Recommend alternative or additional bid or contract wording to mitigate, contain and/or transfer risk exposures and address contingencies
15. Provide guidance and support to procurement in negotiations leading to the finalization of sub-contracts
16. Ensure that negotiation, execution and administration of all contracts are compliant with IHS policies and procedures.
17. Engage with and provide guidance to procurement teams involved in the formation and administration of subcontracts and purchasing processes
18. Develop forms and templates to support business initiatives, while identifying and addressing risk exposure to existing documents
19. Draft and review subcontracts and associated documents, and ensure flow down of Prime Contract terms in all subcontract and purchasing commitments
20. Handle day-to-day questions regarding contracts and subcontracts, while identifying and proposing solutions to address associated issues and risks
21. Provide training and coaching to procurement teams engaged in the implementation of and the formation and administration of subcontracts
22. Report to the Legal team on contracting and risk issues where significant legal implications arise from the contracting process, and provide support as required
- Applies advanced job principles, theories, and concepts. Contributes to the development of new principles and concepts as well as advanced job practices, techniques, and standards. Recognized as a job expert within the company.
- Problem Solving:
- Works on unusually complex problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
- Initiates assignments, determines, and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired results. Work is checked through consultation and agreement with others rather than formal review by a superior.
- Develops advanced processes and guides their development into final product. Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve critical organizational objectives and affect the organization’s risk exposure and image.
- Acts as advisor to management and customers on subcontract risk elements.
- Law Degree or equivalent and 10 years’ experience working with contracts and subcontracts.
- Experience of audit and the development of policies and procedures is desirable.