NSU Jobs in Nigeria : Registrar
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Nasarawa State University
- Location: Nasarawa, Nasarawa, Nigeria
- State: Nassarawa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Nigeria
The Nasarawa State University, Keffi was established under Nasarawa State law No. 2 of 2001 as passed by the State House of Assembly to encourage the advancement of learning. Located in Keffi town, the University caters for both full time and part time students. The University today has seven faculties, 54 academic programmes, a Postgraduate School, Institutes, centres and Schools. The University is run under three campuses, main campus in Keffi, Pyanku campus and Shabu-Lafia Campus.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Registrar
- The Registrar is a Principal Officer and as the Chief Administrative Officer of the University, is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administrative work of the University except as regards financial matters which fall within the purview of the Bursar.
- The Registrar is also the Secretary to Council, Senate, congregation and Convocation of the University.
- For the vacant post, the University seeks candidates with vision, proven academic distinction, managerial ability, integrity and transparency in private and public life.
- The right candidate should also have ability to develop linkages with the external communities to support the emerging needs of the University, command respect and engender cooperation and loyalty of staff and students of the University.
- He/she must fully understand the complexity of a University system and must be able to utilize its human resources to attain a world class University system; must enjoy good physical and mental health; must be computer literate/ICT compliant and not older than sixty (60) years as at 1st March, 2017.
Qualification and Experience
- Candidates must possess a good honours degree.
- Higher qualification will be an added advantage with at least fifteen (15) years of post qualification administrative or professional experience, with a minimum often years at the senior management level and not below the rank of Deputy Registrar.
Salary and Condition of Service
The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of Registrar of all Nigerian Federal Universities and as may be determined from time to time by the Nasarawa State Government/Governing Council as appropriate.
Application Closing Date
16th December, 2016.
How to ApplyInterested and qualified candidates should apply with 30 copies of their of their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) providing information on the following:
- Full Name
- Place and Date of Birth
- Marital Status.
- Number and Ages of Children
- Permanent Home Address
- Degrees (including Dates/Class and Institutions) and/or any other qualification and distinctions. (Photocopies of Certificates to be attached)
- Statement of Experience including full details of former and present posts.
- Vision for the University in the next five (5) years with particular reference to the Registry as it applies (not more than 500 words).
- Other activities outside current employment.
- Proposed date of availability for duties, if appointed.