NERI Jobs in Nigeria : STTA Hausa/Kanuri Translator (Freelance Consultant)
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: North East Regional Initiative (NERI) Nigeria
- Location: Abuja, Federal Capital Territory, Nigeria
- State: Abuja Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Nigeria
North East Regional Initiative (NERI) is an International Development Organization
STTA Hausa/Kanuri Translator (Freelance Consultant)
Position Duration: 18 Days, as needed
The consultant (Translator) will provide technical assistance to translate and transcribe audio and printed material produced by the program from English to Hausa/ Kanuri and vice versa. The translator will be required to have access to a laptop to enable adequate transcription of materials. The consultant will provide ongoing services, as needed, for a period not to exceed 18 total days.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Translator will work most directly with the Reporting Officer and other field team members as necessary.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Listen to and adequately translate audio and printed materials from English to Hausa and/or Kanuri as required.
- Transcribing translated materials onto into the programs required format.
- Any other duties, commensurate with ability, necessary to fulfill responsibilities of the consultancy.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent oral and written compression of English, Hausa and Kanuri languages
- Proven experience in translating audio and printed materials from English to Hausa/Kanuri and vice versa.
- Ability to type out translated materials using Microsoft Office word.
- Ability to work independently, think creatively and apply problem-solving skills, and provide technical supervision when necessary.
- Strong time management and organizational skills and demonstrated ability to operate in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
How to ApplyInterested applicants for this position MUST submit the following documents to [email protected]ia.com
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities and equipment/software used for previous work;
- A cover letter; AND