NERI Jobs in Nigeria : Community Development Facilitator – II (6 Positions)
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Company: North East Regional Initiative (NERI)
- Location: Adamawa, Nigeria
- State: Adamawa Jobs - Borno Jobs - Yobe Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Nigeria
North East Regional Initiative (NERI) – An International Development Organization, is seeking applications from suitably qualified Nigerian nationals for the position below:
Job Title: Community Development Facilitator – II
Position Start Date: Immediately
- The Community Development Facilitator-II (CDF II) is responsible for grass-roots development of project concepts and activity submissions.
- The CDF II will interact with community groups, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), community-based organizations (CBOs), associations and other groups implementing NRTI-funded activities or potential activities.
- The CDF II will work with groups to develop activity ideas and summaries, refine project concepts during the YL/GL phase, assist in the creation and negotiation of budgets, as well as be the primary field oversight for ongoing activities.
- This position will be based at the state office, located in Maiduguri and with planned expansion, other parts of the State, with program activities expected to be carried out in the field Offices.
- This positions will be based in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe respectively. Travel is expected.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Community Development Facilitator-II reports to the State Program Manager located in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe state respectively.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Liaise with community groups, NGOs, CBOs, associations and other community stakeholders to identify potential partners for NRTI activities.
- Identify potential activities at the community level for NRTI support
- Work with State Program Manager (SPM), and Abuja-based Program team, develop project ideas identified for support for YL/GL submission.
- Work with community organizations to budget and prepare logistics for activities
- Monitor and report on routine program operational activities and scheduled program events, reporting activity summaries to SPM and Abuja-based Reporting Officer.
- Work with NRTI staff to ensure project attendance at local events.
- Collect information on program activities, including beneficiary targets.
- Work with Program, M&E and Grants teams to create and maintain project trackers.
- Support review of Final Evaluation Reports and grant closing.
- Attend focus groups to derive lessons learned to inform future project activities.
- Assist in the development of activity ideas based on information collected in the field. Facilitate linkages between communities as needed.
- Any other duties suitable to task and commensurate with ability
- University degree in sociology, Political Science, International Affairs or other related Social Sciences field is required.
- Five (5) years’ work experience in a related field is required.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills is required.
- Prior experience with USAID or US Government funded projects is highly desirable.
- Problem solving, stress management and time management skills are required.
- Proficient at using Microsoft office software: World Wide Web (internet), MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Excellent record keeping and documentation skills are required.
- Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Written and spoken fluency in English is required for report writing and database entry work.
- Fluency in one or more of the local state languages in the North Eastern part of Nigeria is required
Application Closing Date
13th January, 2017.
How to ApplyInterested and qualified candidates should submit the following documents to: email@example.com
- A current Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities;
- A cover letter;
- Please reference the job title and location on the subject line, your cover letter and resume/CV.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.