NA Jobs in Nigeria : Regional Field Coordinator (Independent Contractor)
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Company: Nexleaf Analytics
- Location: Abuja, Federal Capital Territory, Nigeria
- State: Abuja Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Consulting Jobs in Nigeria
Nexleaf Analytics is a nonprofit technology company located in Los Angeles, California, USA. We develop and support affordable wireless sensor devices for critical public health and environmental interventions around the world (www.nexleaf.org). Partnering with leading institutions such as Google.org, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Qualcomm, the World Bank, and Vodafone Americas Foundation, Nexleaf helps deliver safe vaccines to over 6 million children and connect 1,000 rural homes with mobile money payments for reducing carbon emissions through cleaner cooking in 7 countries, including India, Mozambique, and Kenya.
Regional Field Coordinator (Independent Contractor)
We seek a full-time independent contractor to oversee two projects in Nigeria in improved cookstove usage and clean energy sector, and in the health sector & cold chain management. Candidate must have a Bachelors degree and proven experience in rolling out a program across thousands of sites.
We seek an independent person with proven customer service experience and the ability to troubleshoot basic technical issues. He/She should become an expert in identifying problems, developing solutions, and coordinating with the team to implement them.
As we are a diverse team comprising many nationalities, cultures and geographical locations, we strive to develop a global workforce sensitive to the context of the people we work with. Experience in rural areas is a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities
Nexleaf is expanding our two projects, StoveTrace and ColdTrace, into Nigeria. The Regional Coordinator will need to manage her/his time to meet the responsibilities in each project.
StoveTrace enables real-time monitoring of cookstoves. StoveTrace combines robust wireless sensors with powerful cloud based analytics to collect data on improved cookstove usage and facilitate data-driven decision making and responsive interventions. Nexleaf is taking StoveTrace to Nigeria, and looking for a Regional Coordinator to provide technical support and customer service to partners in the following way:
- Provide on-site trainings to partners about the StoveTrace product, installation and troubleshooting
- Respond to partners’ questions and requests about the project remotely over the phone or email, or in person
- Communicate regularly with Nexleaf staff about project status and progress in the field
- Manage multiple cases at a time and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to address all issues
- Handle import and export of materials, testing and kitting of sensors, and maintain real-time inventory of equipment.
ColdTrace is a wireless remote temperature monitoring (RTM) solution designed for vaccine refrigerators in rural clinics and health facilities. The Regional Coordinator will provide technical support and customer service to partners in the following way:
- Provide on-site trainings to partners and users about ColdTrace device installation and monitoring
- Set up a central service center to manage service support for our devices
- Travel to sites regularly to ensure quality of implementation
- Track project priorities and project planning metrics
- Form and maintain relationships with partners and sub-contractors
- Bachelors’s degree
- Extensive Project management experience (at least 5 years)
- Experience of field-work in Nigeria
- Proficiency in MS Office (especially Excel) and project management software
- Fluency in English (speaking and writing)
- Experience generating instructional materials (i.e. training manuals)
- Public speaking skills for attending conferences and workshops
Additional experience preferred:
- Impact-driven program roll-out and operations, preferably with a government entity
- Supply chain management and logistics
- Deployment of goods or services in rural Nigeria
- Leading training sessions and workshops
We seek a candidate with proven experience and the ability to anticipate problems and identify solutions. This position requires the skill and temperament to address any potential conflicts with contracting or partner organizations with level-headedness, as well as a commitment to fairness, honesty, and respect in professional relationships.
The executive team is based in California, USA (Pacific Standard Time), so the candidate should be comfortable with various modes of communication (e.g. Skype, Gmail, Whatsapp) as well as the time difference when getting on calls/meetings. The salary will range between $1,200-1,600 USD per month depending on years of experience.