Millard Fuller Foundation Jobs in Nigeria : Legal Counsel
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Company: Abt Associates
- Location: Abuja, Federal Capital Territory, Nigeria
- State: Abuja Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Legal Jobs in Nigeria
Millard Fuller Foundation – A housing organisation with international affiliation, based in Masaka (near Abuja), is currently seeking to employ suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Counsel
- We are looking for a highly qualified Legal Counsel to oversee the legal aspects of our home development business.
- You will provide administrative support and guidance to the company directors and safeguard our reputation by guaranteeing that the company strictly follows law guidelines and provide legal advice to management about land and other relevant issues.
- The successful candidate will effectively ensure legal conformity and minimize probability of exposure as well as advise on land and property transactions.
- Give accurate and timely counsel to executives in a variety of legal topics (land law, labor law, partnerships, international ventures, corporate finance etc.)
- Collaborate with management to devise efficient defence strategies
- Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advise on possible legal issues
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust
- Draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights
- Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders and forces
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization
- Conduct your work with integrity and responsibility
- Maintain current knowledge of alterations in legislation
- Convening and servicing annual general meetings (AGM)/meetings (producing agendas, taking minutes; conveying decisions etc)
- Providing support to committees and working parties such as the Board of Directors etc
- Implementing procedural/administrative systems
- Handling correspondence before and after meetings
- Ensuring policies are kept current, are approved, and that company members are aware of their implications, eg legal
- Writing reports
- Collating information
- Providing legal/financial advice during and outside of meetings.
- Managing contractual arrangements with suppliers/customers
- Proven experience as a legal counsel in boardroom matters & in the business environment
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of land & corporate law and procedures
- Full comprehension of the influences of the external environment of a corporation
- Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Sound judgement and ability to analyse situations and information
- Outstanding communication skills
- A business qualification will be considered an advantage;
Application Closing Date
Friday, 23rd December, 2016.
How to ApplyInterested and qualified candidates should send their CV's and Cover Letters to: email@example.com use the Job title as the subject of your email. Note
- Kindly state your current salary.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.