Mercy Corps Jobs in Nigeria : Human Resource Officer
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Company: Mercy Corps Nigeria
- Location: Maiduguri, Borno, Nigeria
- State: Borno Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Nigeria
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action – helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within now, and for the future.
Mercy Corps has worked in Nigeria since 2012, focusing its programming on adolescent girls’ empowerment, economic development, conflict mitigation, and humanitarian response.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource Officer
- With the insurgency affecting North East Nigeria and displacing millions of people, Mercy Corps is expanding its humanitarian programming to support the conflict-affected population in Borno.
- In response to the ongoing crisis, Mercy Corps is scaling-up food security, non-food items, nutrition, protection, livelihoods, and water sanitation hygiene (WASH) activities in Dikwa, Ngala, and Jere Local Government Areas in Borno State to address emergency needs.
General Position Summary
- Mercy Corps is looking for a Human Resource officer responsible for undertaking the Human Resource function within the human resource department in Maiduguri Office
Essential Job Functions
- Follow Mercy Corps Policies and Procedures for Human Resources as stipulated in the Mercy Corps field Administration and National Policy manual;
- Handles the field recruitment process in liaison with the hiring managers.
- Receives all HR related documentation from head office and ensures to have it filed.
- Updates all personnel files and ensures safety of all personnel information
- Ensures staff fills all medical forms and sends them to the head office, Abuja.
- Maintain staff personnel files in an MC standardized filing system, making sure all necessary HR paperwork is consistently filed and/or updated as required.
- Maintain confidentiality of all national staff personnel issues including disciplinary procedures and contracts/pay rises;
- Assist with the collection of monthly timesheets and ensuring original copies are sent to the head office, Abuja.
- Ensure that all new hires undergo on-boarding process at the field office for both nationals and expatriates upon the hire.
- Ensure that staff undertake mandatory trainings like code of conduct and PMD PRO 1 certification
- Participate in any disciplinary meetings and hearings and take minutes.
- Track all performance reviews/probationary evaluations and notify supervisory staff accordingly;
- Ensure monthly tracking’s for Medical and staff attendance, hires and terminations
- Monthly tracking of Leave attendance, National Field Database, Medical, Performance Management, Training database
- Conduct him/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to mercy corps and not to jeopardize its humanitarian mission
- Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by Mercy Corps Country Program.
- Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries:
- Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with office administration; computer skills are required, must be an independent thinker and have strong organizational skills;
- Must possess a minimum of a degree in preferably Human Resource, Social Work, Public Administration, Education, or other related field.
- Demonstrated excellence in human resource management, particularly in a multi-cultural environment, including staff training, motivation, and discipline
- Ability to communicate in English, Kanuri and Hausa
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Good negotiation, representation skills and the ability to work comfortably with an ethnically diverse staff.
- Strong ability to innovatively solve problems.
- Ability to communicate fluently verbally and in writing in English Hausa, and preferably also in Kanuri.
- The successful candidate will be capable of multi-tasking, rapid decision-making, have initiative, drive and a lot of energy, as well as high emotional intelligence, constructive mentoring skills and proven experience with capacity building.
- S/he will be committed to long-term program sustainability and the delivery of high-impact activities at the community level.
- Successful Mercy Corps team members have a strong commitment to teamwork and accountability, thrive in evolving and challenging environments, and make effective written and verbal communication a priority.
- In particular, the successful candidate will be willing to travel to locations such as Dikwa and Ngala according to the needs of the Mercy Corps program. This will mean sometimes staying and working in stressful environments with very basic living conditions, strictly following security protocols at all times and sometimes working long and irregular hours.
- Mercy Corps team members represent the agency both during and outside work hours. Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and Mercy Corps’ policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
Application Closing Date
6th January, 2017.
How to ApplyInterested and qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their CV's and Cover Letter in one document, addressing the position requirements to: email@example.com Or Drop off application in a sealed envelope with the position boldly written to: Mercy Corps Nigeria Plot 119, NUJ Street, New GRA Bama Road, Maiduguri, Borno State. Note
- All applications must include the position title in the subject line and not more than 4 pages.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity organization and we strongly encourage women to apply for this position