MDM Jobs in Nigeria : Gender Based Violence Advisor (M/F)
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Médecins du Monde
- Location: Borno, Nigeria
- State: Borno Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Nigeria
Médecins du Monde or Doctors of the World, is an international humanitarian non-profit organization that provides emergency and long-term medical care to vulnerable populations while advocating for equal access to healthcare worldwide.
Gender Based Violence Advisor (M/F)
Contract: Volunteer VSI (French status)
Duration: 6 months
Tasks and Responsibilities
As Gender Based Violence (GBV) Advisor you will be responsible of defining MdM strategy regarding GBV in close collaboration with the general coordinator and the medical coordinator, and will be in charge of supervising the implementation of MdM GBV activities. More in details you will be in charge of:
- Organization, coordination and supervision of GBV activities:
- Based on the Borno state GBV context, define in close collaboration with the medical department and the general coordinator, the MdM GBV implementation strategy.
- Conduct trainings on various aspects of GBV such as survivor centred approach and informed consent to healthcare workers and MdM staff.
- Identify a national partner, formalize the partnership (MoU) for the implementation of the “sensitization / awareness raising” component and provide technical support.
- Supervise the implementation of GBV activities, in close collaboration with the medical department and other GBV actors.
- Actively participate to coordination efforts with GBV actors (ex: GBV sub cluster).
- Coordinate the community mobilization activities in close collaboration with our partner, GBV actors as well as other stakeholders (ex: community leaders …)
- Ensure the capitalization of MdM GBV component implementation.
- Human resource, capacity building / training:
- Define the job descriptions and supervise, in close collaboration with the admin department, the recruitment of the GBV team.
- Identify the capacity building needs of this team, the medical team in general, MdM partner related to GBV and provide trainings.
- Provide technical support to MdM partner for the good implementation of the “sensitization / awareness raising” component or any relevant topic related to MdM GBV strategy.
- Collaborate with the medical team and particularly the sexual and reproductive health department of MdM to set up trainings and supervision of the activities and the quality of the medical care for victims of GBV.
- Collaborate with the Mental Health and Psychosocial Coordinator in order to define and implement psychosocial care of GBV survivors
- Take part, if necessary, with the MdM team, partners or other actors to advocacy activities.
- Reporting, information management, coordination / representation:
- Increase and enhance program monitoring and evaluation, and determining impact, wherever possible, including the use of standard indicators
- Share to the general coordinator and the medical team any difficulties met in the field and propose solutions or adjustments.
- Participate to internal MdM meetings and to the GBV sub sectors meetings and actively contribute to coordination efforts.
- Contribute to the preparation of new proposals or reports to donors
- Demonstrated 2-3 years professional experience in humanitarian settings, including at least 1 year of direct program management of Protection/GBV programs in the field. Experience with GBV programming and implementation is required.
- Excellent knowledge of IASC GBV Guidelines and ability to implement GBV mainstreaming in accordance with the guidelines
- Master’s degree in relevant field (public health, social work, development studies, humanitarian affairs, or related social sciences disciplines).
- Knowledge, skills, and experience in providing/leading direct services to survivors of gender-based violence using a survivor-centered and multi-sectoral approach.
- Knowledge, skills, and experience in implementing primary prevention of violence against women and girls
- Good knowledge of WHO ethical data sharing guidelines
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office.
- Individual and group training skills in GBV and SEA.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently and foster a team environment.
- Excellent project design and proposal development skills and developing tools for cross-organizational sharing of best practices.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good sense of diplomacy and understanding of international global political issues.
- English: Fluent
- French: Added value
915 Euros / month + perdiem