Marriott International Jobs in Nigeria : Security Officer
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Marriott International
- Location: Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
- State: Lagos Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Security Jobs in Nigeria
Marriott International is a leading global lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 5,700 properties in 110+ countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2015. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
The company operates and franchises hotels and licenses vacation ownership resorts under 30 brands. Marriott International has more than 500,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties, as well as at corporate offices. The company has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
- Patrol all areas of the property; assist guests with room access.
- Monitor Closed Circuit Televisions, perimeter alarm system, duress alarms, and fire life safety system.
- Lock property entrances when required.
- Conduct daily physical hazard inspections.
- Respond to accidents, contact EMS or administer first aid/CPR as required.
- Assist guests/employees during emergency situations.
- Notify appropriate individuals in the event of accidents, attacks, or other incidents.
- Defuse guest/employee disturbances. Call for outside assistance if necessary.
- Complete incident reports to document all Security/Loss Prevention related incidents.
- Handle all interruptions and complaints.
- Resolve safety hazard situations.
- Escort any unwelcome persons from the property without interrupting the orderly flow of property operation.
- Report to scenes of vehicle accidents/thefts. Call for assistance using proper code responses.
- Complete a Loss Prevention shift summary/daily activity report.
- Maintain confidentiality of all Security/Loss Prevention and property reports/documents; release information only to authorized individuals.
- Conduct investigations and gather evidence.
- Conduct interviews with relevant parties.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests’ service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
- In addition some states may have additional licensing/registration requirements to be considered for this position.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.