IITA Jobs in Nigeria : Executive Assistant
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
- Location: Oyo, Nigeria
- State: Oyo Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Nigeria
IITA is one of the world’s leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Its award-winning research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development needs of tropical countries. IITA works with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. IITA is a non-profit organization founded in 1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA works on the following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam, cassava, and maize. It is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
Recruitment Type: (1-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Provide administrative backstopping to Nigeria-based projects (ACGG and others) and offices and financial support to ILRI Ibadan staff (both Nationally and Internationally Recruited Staff);
- Prepare letters, memo, visa requests and letters of invitation for staff and visitors;
- Assist in preparing short term request for the unit;
- Manage secretariat (receiving visitors, providing orientation for new staff, receiving and making telephone calls, organizing filing systems for the office, and providing secretarial support);
- Maintain personnel files for all ILRI Ibadan employees;
- Liaise with IITA on administrative issues concerning ILRI Ibadan staff;
- Handle requests from ILRI Headquarters regarding administrative and financial issues;
- Liaise with ILRI Headquarters on all legal and human resource dimensions;
- Assist in planning, organizing and coordinating logistics for project meetings, workshops, field trips and other events in the Programme;
- Assist in making travel arrangements – travel authorization, air tickets, accommodation etc;
- Coordinate vehicle management and administration (filling of log books by drivers, repairs, insurance etc.);
- Manage facilities and consumables and organise preventive maintenance for all ILRI assets in coordination with IITA;
- Ensure proper identification of all ILRI assets, and update asset register regularly;
- Participate in organizing workshops and conferences;
- Compile, check and analyse ILRI Accounts Statements from IITA, Ibadan, Nigeria
- Monitor projects budget (ACGG and others) and prepare project financial reports;
- Process, check and monitor various documents related to advances, payments, expense claims for ILRI staff, visitors and collaborators;
- Handle petty cash (receiving request, making payment, keeping register, submit replenishment request as necessary);
- Liaise with IITA Finance for monthly financial report for ILRI Ibadan office and ensure timely submission to ILRI Headquarters;
- Assist in procurements and perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- HND/B.Sc in Banking & Finance, Secretarial Studies, Business Administration or any related field with Eight (8) years’ experience in a multidisciplinary working environment.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and to take initiative and exercise good judgment;
- Ability to get things done under pressure;
- Competency in personal organization and priority setting with the ability to work effectively under time pressure and manage multiple priorities;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with people in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment and to be an effective team player;
- Creative and flexible respond to changing work requirements.
- Strong computer skills in relevant office applications software packages (i.e. MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.