FUO Jobs in Nigeria : University Librarian
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Federal University Otuoke
- Location: Bayelsa, Nigeria
- State: Bayelsa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Nigeria
The Federal University Otuoke is one of the nine universities established by the Federal Government on February, 2011, with a mandate to increase access to University education in all the States of the Country, promote quality tertiary education and have a focus on regional issues in education and research. It is located in Otuoke, Ogbia Local Government Area in Bayelsa State.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant non-academic staff position below:
Job Title: University Librarian
- The University Librarian is a Principal Officer and head of the University’s Library, and shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the overall administration of the University Library, its branches and extension and for providing services for the entire University community.
Qualification and Experience
Candidate for this post must:
- Posses a Master’s degree in Library Science and possession of a Ph.D. Library Science will be added advantage;
- Have evidence of scholarly publications related to Library/Information Science in reputable journals and books;
- Have a minimum of (15) years cognate experience;
- Have spent five (5) years as a Deputy Librarian or its equivalent in a Tertiary Institution;
- Be a member of Library Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN) as well as the Nigerian Library Association (NLA);
- Not be more than Sixty (60) years on assumption of duty; and
- Be ICT compliant.
- The candidate must possess sufficient evidence of continual scholarship and contribution to knowledge through publication in reputable peer reviewed outlets both within and outside the country. The appointment shall be for a single term of five (5) years.
- Above all, the candidate must possess good managerial skills and competencies including a clear understanding of the nature and dynamics of the intricacies in deploying information technologies as tools for the management of information collections in line with global best practices in contemporary university libraries.
Salary and Conditions
The salary and conditions of service of the University Librarian shall be as obtainable in Federal Universities and as determined from time to time by the Federal Government of Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
21st December, 2016.
How to ApplyInterested and qualified candidates are requested to submit Fifteen type-written copies of their application letters and Curriculum Vitae in an envelope addressed to the: Vice-Chancellor, Federal University Otuoke, P.M.B. 126 Yenagoa, Bayelsa State. The post applied for must be clearly written at the top right hand corner of the envelope. The application must include academic and professional qualifications, Birth Certificate or Statutory Declaration of Age, list of publications, where applicable, verifiable evidence of work experience and Curriculum Vitae that includes the following information:
- Full Name
- Post Desired
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- State of Origin
- Permanent Home Address
- Current Postal Address
- E-mail Address
- Telephone Number
- Marital Status
- Institutions Attended (with dates)
- Academic Qualifications (with dates)
- Professional Qualifications (with dates)
- Work Experience, General and Specific Experiences (with dates)
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Candidates should request their referees to send, under confidential cover, their independent reports to the Vice-Chancellor with full details of the applicant and the post applied for not later than the closing date stated above. The reference letter should be marked "Confidential" on the right hand corner of the envelope.
- Only candidates who are short-listed will be invited for interview.