ESUT Jobs in Nigeria : University Librarian
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: The Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT)
- Location: Enugu, Enugu, Nigeria
- State: Enugu Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Nigeria
The Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT) was originally founded as ASUTECH on July 30, 1980. The University was conceived with the aim to establish an institution that must be closely related to society, its industry and above all, serve as a catalyst in the
technological advancement of the people, hence the University’s motto remains, “Technology for Service”.
- The University Librarian is a Principal Officer in charge of Library affairs and responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration of the University Library.
- The position involves coordinating the duties of other Librarians and Library staff to ensure adequate access to Library resources by Library users. This means that the successful candidate will be required, among other functions, to:
- Administer and develop the University Library to meet the increasing needs of undergraduates, post-graduates and research programmes of the University,
- Prepare Library budgets;
- Initiate innovative structures for improved services; and
- Provide quality leadership.
- Ensure access by students and staff to essential services including reference assistance, Library materials, bibliography instruction and document delivery;
- The candidates for the post of University Librarian must possess a good honours degree and higher degrees which must include MLS and Ph.D Library and Information Science.
- They should have at least twenty (20) years po qualification cognate experience in a University Library and must have served as Head of major Divisions of such a Library.
- The candidate is also expected to:
- Have a significant number of scholarly publications in reputable journals;
- Be registered with the Librarians’ Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN) and also a member of the Nigerian Library Association;
- Be computer literate and conversant with modern trends in Library automation.
Condition of Service
The University Librarian shall hold office for a single term of five (5) years only on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment. The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of University Librarian in the Nigerian University System.