Cuso International Jobs in Nigeria : Environmental Management Advisor
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Cuso International
- Location: Anywhere
- State: Cross River Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Nigeria
Cuso International is a development organization that works to reduce poverty and inequality through the efforts of highly skilled volunteers, collaborative partnerships and compassionate donors. We envision a world where all people are able to realize their potential, develop their skills and participate fully in society. We believe in the power of people, value diversity and take responsibility for our actions and proactively demonstrate that we work with and on behalf of others. Cuso International works in developing countries across the world. We currently have programs in eighteen countries.
Environmental Management Advisor
Cuso International opened a program office in Cross River State, Nigeria, in 2014. Our program currently focuses on sustainable economic growth and providing access to quality health services.
The volunteer’s role
Nigeria is Africa’s most populous country and the unemployment rate stands at approximately 20%, with youth unemployment at almost double this rate at 35%. Cross River State, in south-eastern Nigeria, has a rich ecosystem that is under increasing pressure as growing populations derive their livelihoods from its natural resources. Youth constitute 1.11 million of its 3.45 million residents, of which 40-50% are unemployed under-employed.
The Youth Leadership, Entrepreneurship, Access and Development Project (YouLead) will promote job creation for 7000 young women and men (ages 18-35) by supporting growth in the small business sector, and providing skills training, tools and access to finance for young workers and young adult entrepreneurs. It will increase the equitable participation of young people in entrepreneurship and economic activities in targeted natural resources, such as agriculture, aquaculture, forestry and ecotourism in Cross River State.
The Environmental Management Advisor will enhance entrepreneurship and business development services of YouLead beneficiaries who will be provided with support to establish micro, small and medium-sized enterprises in the natural resource sectors of agriculture, aquaculture, eco-tourism and forestry.
Objectives of Placement:
- Provide support in the design, creation and implementation of an environmental education campain
- Assist partner organizations to implemet environmental action plans to mitigate current and future environmental challenges
- Creat strategies that promote effective waste management
- Evaluate current environmental policy, management systems and processes throug a comprehensive audit
The volunteer will:
- Evaluate current environmental policy, management systems and processes through comprehensive audits
- Work directly with partner organizations to ensure that the environmental action plans are implemented consistently.
- Contribute to the creation of strategic agreements with public and private organizations to improve waste management practices.
Essential Academic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in social or environmental sciences
- Professional training in Environmental Management.
Essential Professional Background/Competencies
- 3-5 years of international work experience in a development organisation
- Work experience in environmental management programs
Desirable Academic Qualifications
- Master’s degree in social or environmental science
- Desirable Professional Background/Competencies
- Experience in developing economies
- Important information for candidates
Cuso International covers the following costs:
- Return airfare and visa/permit costs
- Accommodation while overseas
- Modest living allowance while overseas
- Modest support for accompanying partners and dependents going on placement with you for 12 months or longer
- The cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while overseas and upon return
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and in-country training orientation
Fundraising: We ask each volunteer, regardless of placement length, to raise $2,000. All volunteers receive support from Cuso International to help achieve the goal through fundraising. If the volunteer chooses not to fundraise or is unable to achieve the fundraising goal, he/she can make a one-time donation or become a monthly donor to support our work.
E-volunteering: Depending on the nature of the placement volunteers are encouraged to provide e-volunteering support to the local partner or Cuso International before or after the field placement.