CRS Jobs in Nigeria : Logistics Work Stream Consultant
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Company: Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Location: Kwara, Nigeria
- State: Adamawa Jobs - Enugu Jobs - Kwara Jobs - Ondo Jobs - Osun Jobs - Oyo Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Nigeria
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 100 countries. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity, or nationality. As CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, strengthening and building the capacity of partner organizations is fundamental to the work of CRS. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on health, vulnerable children, agriculture, extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Logistics Work Stream Consultant
Report to: Logistics Work Stream Advisor
CRS has a long and rich history of collaboration with the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (Global Fund). Since 2003, CRS has been awarded over $290 million in Global Fund resources to implement programs in 27 countries. In Nigeria, CRS is a sub-recipient (SR) on the Global Fund HIV and Malaria grants and will assume the role of principal recipient (PR) for the Global Fund Malaria grant starting January 2017. As PR, CRS will partner with the National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP), various state governments and malaria partners and stakeholders to coordinate the 2017 long lasting insecticide treated nets (LLIN) mass campaigns in 7 states. CRS will also manage and oversee SRs to deliver a range of malaria treatment and prevention services at the state level.
- The positions of work stream consultants and team leaders will serve as members of the state support team (SST) and provide state-level technical assistance and oversight on monitoring and evaluation, program management, logistics and demand creation-related activities for the coordination of the 2017 long lasting insecticide treated nets (LLIN) replacement mass campaigns.
- S/he will provide training, accompaniment and technical support to the State Ministries of Health in the mass campaign states of Kwara, Osun, Ondo, Edo, Imo, Adamawa and Enugu.
- The State Support Team (SST) structure was established to support states with the planning and implementation of the LLIN distribution activities. The SST play a critical function for the initial mass distribution campaigns, a role focused on planning, facilitation, capacity-building, monitoring, data management and reporting during the replacement campaigns.
- The SST will support a broadened state structure for the replacement campaigns. Each SST is composed of workstreams – technical, logistics and demand creation.
Specific Job Responsibilities
Work stream specific areas of focus for SST members:
- Monitor procurement, shipping, arrival, port and customs clearance and transport of LLINs to state level to determine timeline for state campaign implementation (pipeline monitoring).
- Ensure all documents for procurement and shipment of commodities, including quality assurance, are in place, in a timely manner.
- Develop micro plans, including a storage plan for the LGA and a transport/routing plan for moving LLINs to the LGA level.
- Facilitate and/or monitor training for personnel at all levels of the supply chain (state, LGA, ward, conveyor and distribution point teams).
- Monitor the transport and storage of LLINs throughout the supply chain (state warehouse to LGA warehouse, and LGA warehouse to distribution point storage.)
- Verify storage points, and LLINs in store, relative to both needs for campaign and waybill from delivery.
- Track nets delivered, distributed and remaining on a daily basis.
- Collate data from LLIN distribution to ensure timely reconciliation and implementation of reverse logistics.
Key Working Relationships
- Internal: Global Fund Malaria Vector Control Director and the GF Program Team, Deputy Country Representative, Country Representative, Head of Operations, Finance, Procurement and Administration Staff, Regional and Senior Technical Advisors, Deputy Regional Directors for PQ and MQ
- External: State Ministries of Health (SMOH), National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP) within the Federal Ministry of Health (MoH), Technical and Financial Partners, partner health facilities, Local Fund Agent (LFA), Gf Country Team etc.
Qualifications and Skills of State Support Team Members
- Minimum of first degree in pharmacy or related fields
- Excellent leadership qualities.
- Previous experience in LLIN mass distribution campaigns is required.
- Knowledge of malaria and its prevention, diagnosis and treatment is required.
- Previous experience working in a national and/or State Ministry of Health preferred.
- Experience in budget development and implementation reporting is required.
- Experience with a flexible approach to managing and prioritizing significant workloads and multiple tasks, in a fast-paced environment, with tight deadlines is required.
- Training and supervision skills are required.
- Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills are highly desired.
- A proven ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Excellent experience in using Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Supply chain management experience (required for logistics personnel).
- Ability to work under stressful conditions and to remain flexible and calm under pressure.
- Experience of proactively identifying and addressing bottlenecks/issues desired.
- Experience of establishing strong working relationships with team members and state personnel.
- Experience and understanding of technical and M&E issues related to campaign distribution of LLINs preferred (required for technical personnel).
- Experience and understanding of logistics systems (required for logistics personnel).
- Experience and understanding of demand creation activities (required for demand creation personnel).
- Previous experience in electronic data monitoring systems desired.
Application Closing Date
12th December, 2016.
How to ApplyInterested and qualified candidates should download the "Application Form Below" and send with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document to: NG_HR@global.crs.org Click here to download Application Form (MS Word) Note
- Title of the position and desired location must be stated as the subject of the email e.g. Logistics Work Stream Consultant - Kwara.
- Applications sent in the required format will be considered and only short listed candidates will be contacted.