CLG Securities Limited Jobs in Nigeria : Compliance Officer
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: CLG Securities Limited
- Location: Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
- State: Lagos Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Nigeria
CLG Securities Limited – A reputable Stock Broking Firm, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Compliance Officer
- To support the company to discharge their responsibilities relating to compliance risk management process as required by relevant regulatory requirements, applicable code of conduct and minimum standards.
- Assist line management and other members of staff by providing advice to guide in discharging their responsibilities to ensure compliance with all statutory, regulatory and internal policy requirements.
- Protect the reputation of the company
- Avoid the institution of legal action against the company.
- Ensure good working relation with regulators.
- To maintain a good working relationship with the Securities and Exchange Commission(SEC)
- To guide all members of staff to act with integrity, diligence, and in an ethical manner in dealing with all clients.
- Ensure the company’s timely compliance with all regulatory requirements including but not limited to all periodic and adhoc regulatory reports and obligations
- Ensure the appropriate use of compliance risk management tools within the business.
- Analyse and identify compliance risks, processes and controls and provide advice to management, relevant committees and the employees in order to effectively manage compliance issues.
- The Compliance Officer shall be well trained in the Rules and Guidelines and shall attend regular training sessions as organized or supported by the CBN or SEC.
- Responsible for educating the other personnel of periodic updates and adjustments as may be made by SEC from time to time.
- Ensure that trainings tailored for the business unit are signed off and, if appropriate, assist in the delivery of the training and awareness.
- Customise, if necessary, Group Minimum Standards and facilitate, in consultation with Group Compliance, the process of adoption thereof by the business units.
- Request dispensation when policies and procedures deviate from that of minimum standards.
- Remain aware of regulatory & legislative developments, and practices of regulatory authorities, which are relevant to the company.
- Assist the CEO and business units in implementing existing, new and/or amended regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for the management of the company Procedures Manual and monitoring company’s adherence to all business procedures
- Ensure a coordinated / aligned strategic approach to and position of, emerging regulatory developments.
- To be actively involved in relevant industry/regulatory committees.
- First Degree in a relevant field including Banking, Finance, Accounting, Business Management, Law, Economics or a Chartered Secretary.
- Master’s Degree and/or relevant professional qualifications would be an added advantage
- Good Compliance and Risk Management Knowledge
- Excellent use of MS Word and MS Excel
- Good understanding of the Investment Banking, Stockbroking processes and SEC’s regulatory framework
- Good understanding of global financial markets
- Good research skills
- Minimum of 3-5 years working experience in financial services preferably in an Investment Banking environment or stockbroking with at least 2 years of Compliance experience.
Application Closing Date
31st January, 2017.