Citi Bank Jobs in Nigeria : Sec Processing Analyst
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Company: Citi Bank
- Location: Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
- State: Lagos Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Nigeria
Citibank represents the consumer banking operations of financial services giant Citigroup. The unit has more than 1,000 branches in about a dozen US states. California and Texas are its largest markets, but the bank also has a significant presence in the Northeast, as well as in Chicago and Miami. It has about 300 international locations in some 40 countries, with a focus on emerging markets in Asia, Latin America, and Central and Eastern Europe. Citibank provides standard banking fare such as deposit accounts, credit cards, and loans to consumers and small businesses, and utilizes its parent’s breadth of financial services to also offer investment and financial planning services.
Sec Processing Analyst 2
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience5 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Banking
Processing of the following:
1. FGN Trading Bonds
2. FGN AFS Bonds
3. GHS Trading Bonds
4. FGN EURO Trading Bonds
5. AMCON Bonds
6. US Treasury Bonds AFS Portfolio
7. Trading Treasury Bills
8. AFS Treasury Bills
9. Customer Investments in Bills and Bonds
1. Daily Mark to Market for Bills and Bonds
2. Treasury bills blotter Update
3. Treasury Bills Blotter /DEPO/X daily Proof
4. FGN Bonds Edealer/ DEPO/X daily reconciliation
5. Tbills pledged to FIRS/NIBSS/Clearing/Zenith etc.
6. Tbills/Bonds Customer Purchases
7. Auction bidding
8. Coupon Processing
Authorisation on the following systems:
1. Money Market System
3. RTGS – CBN Payment System
4. S4 – CBN Securities Settlement System
1. FGN BONDS/ TREASURY BILLS AUCTION
• Ensure bonds/bills application forms are filled correctly
• Authorize bid on S4 for new maturities introduced by CBN
• Generate letters to Central Bank in respect of the bond application for existing maturities
• Confirm Stop rate and ensure we are debited accordingly
• Post entries on flexcube
• Ensure Customers requests for Bonds are presented to CBN
• Instruct CBN on S4 to transfer Bonds to PFA Custodians
• Obtain and Update FII Security Numbers for new AFS Bond/Bills
2. FGN BONDS/ TREASURY BILLS TRADING PORTFOLIO
• On Sale/Purchase of Bonds/Bills to counter party, ensure Trades are settled on DEPO/X on Settlement Date
• Ensure entries are passed on flexcube on Settlement dates
• Pass entries to reconcile and net-off Suspense Account.
• Confirm settled and unsettled trades from S4
• Contact counter parties for failed/unsettled deals.
• Send reports on unsettled deals to Treasury and monitor representation.
• Pass adjusting entries for failed settlements.
• Ensure confirmation letters are sent to counterparties
• Update the Treasury bills blotter and reconcile
• Reconcile the Bonds/Bills position on flexcube to S4
• Escalate discrepancies to CBN for resolution.
3. US TREASURY BONDS/GOVERNMENT OF GHANA BONDS/FGN EURO BONDS
• Handle the processing of foreign currency Bonds.
• Liaise with custodians to reconcile the bonds Portfolio using MT535
• Confirm the deals
• Follow up on FICC to update Edealer for interest accrued.
• Ensure Coupons are received when paid.
• Monitor for receipt of cash settlements for Sales and ensure transfers are done for Purchases.
4. Ensure confirmation letters are printed and sent to despatch unit.
5. Preparation of Regulatory Returns on Bills and Bonds
6. Review PCU report on bills/bonds and take appropriate action as required.
7. Send Management Reports to relevant unit
8. Send Unsettled transactions report to relevant units
9. Update the Treasury Monthly MIS report before the 15th of the next month.
10. Reconcile Interest in suspense and PDO account balances before the 15th of the month. Escalate to relevant units and follow through for resolution of exceptions.
11. Review FX profit calculations for adjustment of unrealised profit.
12. Perform oversight function for the outsourced products in the unit
13. Co-ordinate the monthly and quarterly surprise proofs for the unit
14. Co-ordinate the MCA in the unit
Internal: RMs, GSG, Citiservice, Customer service, TTS CASH, FINANCE, OPS Control, FICC, SFS etc.
External: CBN, NDIC, ARR, CSCS, OTHER INTERBANKS COUNTERPARTIES, FMDQ
- Education or (Equivalent Training): Basic College Degree.
- Experience and Training: From 5 Years
- Moderate Physical Demand
Thinking Complexity required is high largely due to the following:
• Unstructured demands and requirements from Central Bank, CSCS, FIRS Authorities and other relevant agencies.
• Multiple Systems used for processing
• Some disparity between Local accounting and US GAAP
• High value of transactions
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer