CHD Jobs in Nigeria : Administration and Finance Manager
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Company: Centre for Humanitarian Dialogue
- Location: Abuja, Federal Capital Territory, Nigeria
- State: Abuja Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Nigeria - Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Nigeria
The Centre for Humanitarian Dialogue (HD) is a Swiss-based private diplomacy organisation founded on the principles of humanity, impartiality and independence. Our mission is to help prevent, mitigate, and resolve armed conflict through dialogue and mediation.
Administration and Finance Manager
Job Type: 100%, one year fixed-term position
Start date: 1st February 2016
- Based in Abuja and reporting to the Senior Programme Manager for Nigeria, the Administration and Finance Manager will oversee field office accounting and finance as well as Human Resources and administration.
- S/he will support the Senior Program Manager and Project Officers in the preparation and follow-up of budgets and project audits.
His/her responsibilities will include:
- Setting up the administrative structure to support HD’s operations in Nigeria;
- Managing logistics, general administration and Human Resources, including supervising related administrative staff;
- Preparing the monthly office report package for the headquarters office ensuring that all financial transactions have adequate supporting documentation and signatures;
- Supporting the preparation of project budgets, forecasts and audits;
- Ensuring compliance to HD’s policies and procedures as well as adherence to HD’s internal controls;
- Reviewing, monitoring and following-up on donors requirements;
- Be responsible for payroll and payroll-related matters, and act as a liaison person with government agencies (tax / labour authorities, etc…);
- Co-ordinating and building the capacity of administrative staff, if applicable;
- Overseeing logistics and maintenance of the office, as well as; managing inventory and procurement processes;
- Organising travel arrangements for HD’s employees, consultants and invited guests, including flight books, transfers, visa applications, accommodation and meeting places.
- Degree in Finance and Administration;
- At least 7 years of relevant experience in a generalist function, managing accounting, Human Resources, and logistics;
- Knowledge of local Nigerian labour law and regulations as well as of the not-for-profit sector;
- Experience in payroll processing would be considered as an advantage;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
- Strong command of written and spoken English.
- The successful candidate should possess good communication and interpersonal skills.
- S/he should also be structured, flexible and detail-oriented.
- S/he should have excellent organisational skills as well as the ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- S/he should be a team player, with the ability to work independently.