CAI Jobs in Nigeria : Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
- Company: Creative Associates International
- Location: Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
- State: Nigeria
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Nigeria - Policy/Monitoring Jobs in Nigeria
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Requisition Number: 16-0423
- Creative Associates seeks a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager for an anticipated USAID-funded project in Nigeria.
- The M&E Manager will design, develop, and implement a monitoring and evaluation system within assigned area.
- S/he gathers, analyzes, and processes complex information related to all aspects of program activity implementation.
- The M&E Manager will carry out his/her work according to an established standard operating procedure for collecting data, monitoring project progress and measuring program inputs/outputs.
Reporting and Supervision:
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager reports to the Chief of Party or his/her designee. S/He will supervise M&E Officers.
- Coordinate weekly with M&E team to determine priority tasks. Ensure the M&E team is aware of and up to date on all M&E tasks and reports.
- Conduct site visits during the project implementation phase for each grant in assigned areas.
- Produce a “routine monitoring report” (RMR) according to an approved template for each site visit prior to the indicator verification visit.
- Accurately interpret Bills of Quantities (BoQ) and grant database file shared by head office to determine indicators according which the Officer will be evaluating projects.
- Draft “final evaluation reports” (FER) based on prescribed format after visiting a grant site for verification of indicators.
- Identify lessons learned, constraints, and project impacts based on determined theme and/or sector for inclusion in FERs.
- Share observations from monitoring visits with Chief of Party when findings demonstrate questionable actions.
- Serve as primary point of contact for Grants Office when developing impact assessments, success stories and weekly reporting.
- Serve as primary point of contact for Grants Office when additional information is needed to close grants.
- Undertake comprehensive analysis of projects based on history of site visits; present findings to Chief of Party in a concise and professional manner.
- Participate in professional training and development activities, as necessary.
- Represent the program positively and professionally in both internal and external environments.
- Perform other tasks, as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- University degree in International Development, Social Science, Economics, or related field is required.
- Five (5) years’ experience in the management of field monitoring, evaluation design, empirical and statistical analysis, management information systems and/or information management design is required.
- Proficiency at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. is required.
- Strong analytical skills are required.
- Prior experience with USAID or US Government funded projects is highly desirable.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow up on tasks to completion is required.
- Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Written and spoken fluency in English is required.
- Fluency in one or more of the local state languages in the Northern Nigeria is required.
Application Closing Date
6th January, 2017.
How to ApplySubmit your CV and Application Online : Click Here Note
- Local and regional candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
- This position is contingent upon donor funding.
- Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.