CAI Jobs in Nigeria : Grants Manager – Bauchi & Sokoto
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Creative Associates International
- Location: Bauchi, Bauchi, Nigeria
- State: Bauchi Jobs - Sokoto Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Nigeria
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Grants Manager
Requisition Number: 16-0422
- The upcoming Nigeria State2State project, funded by USAID, aims to increase the effectiveness, accountability, and transparency of selected state and local governments in Nigeria.
- The program will operate in Bauchi, Sokoto, and at least one other state in the north of Nigeria, and focus on strengthening public financial management and service delivery systems in key sectors such as education, health, and water, sanitation, and hygiene.
- Creative Associates seeks a Grants Manager for an anticipated USAID-funded project in Nigeria. The Grants Manager will serve as the principal point of contact and Manager for Grant Administration.
- S/he will be responsible to ensure effective and efficient management of grants administration and to ensure flexible, innovative, and rapid-response mechanisms are designed to target key zones within Nigeria.
- S/he will also ensure that the Grant Management and administration function is always in compliance with Creative and USAID’s policies and procedures; and will work towards capacity building of the recipients as well as the other staff members in the area of grants management.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Grants Manager reports to the Chief of Party. The Grants Manager supervises Grant Officers and Grants Specialists.
- Provides oversight and management of grants staff and grants program;
- Organizes and coordinates organizational staffing structure and workflow of grants staff activities and administration;
- Responsible for ensuring quality control and the integrity of the data in Creative’s online grants database and ensures that the data in the system is always up-to-date;
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with Creative’s grants policies as detailed in the Field Manual and the projects Grants Manual;
- Coordinate closely with program staff to ensure timely administration and monitoring of grant agreements;
- Coordinate with finance, procurement, and program staff to facilitate grantee kick-off meeting, monitoring and closeout of grant activities;
- Provide guidance and interpretation for program staff as well as grantees of Creative’s grants policies and procedures and USG regulation;
- Manage the grants and direct implementation pipeline;
- Ensure that grant master files are always up-to-date and ready for audit;
- Lead the grants management team to serve as a central point of grant activity coordination and facilitation.
- Provide support to technical units on grants compliance and the online grants database;
- Provide training in grants compliance to project staff; and other tasks as needed
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum of five (5) years professional experience (including at least two year of supervisory experience) working in complex and challenging field operational contexts.
- Bachelors’ degree or professional accounting/financial qualification is required;
- Experience managing teams,
- Minimum two years financial administration experience;
- Competent in computers and using financial software;
- Understanding of budget and cost control management;
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- USAID program experience desirable;
- Grants program experience preferred;
- Ability to work under pressure and efficiently handle multiple tasks; and
- Ability to work under own initiative or as a part of a team.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
- Local and regional candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
- This position is contingent upon donor funding.