BiRD Jobs in Nigeria : Team Leader – W, P And Security Specialist
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
- Company: The Bureau for Institutional Reform and Democracy
- Location: Abuja, Federal Capital Territory, Nigeria
- State: Abuja Jobs - Adamawa Jobs - Gombe Jobs - Plateau Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Nigeria
The Bureau for Institutional Reform and Democracy – BiRD, is currently accepting applications for a Team Leader – Women, Peace and Security Specialist Expert (Category I) as part of a Lot7 short-term mission in Nigeria entitled “Mid-Term Evaluation of the: Promoting Women’s Engagement In Peace And Security In Northern Nigeria”.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:.
Job Title: Team Leader – Women, Peace And Security Specialist (Lot7 Short-term Mission)
The Global Objective
- The mid-tem evaluation will provide the EU and other partners with an assessment of the project’s performance and recommendations on how to improve the intervention to achieve expected goals and outcomes, taking into account problems and opportunities.
- At least a Master’s Degree in Gender studies, Peace and Conflict resolution, Political/Social sciences or related field.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation of large development projects on women peace and security in complex political environments evidenced by participation in at least 5 missions.
- Minimum 12 years of professional experience in the relevant sector at international level (worked in at least two countries) some of which should have been acquired in a developing country.
- At least 6 years’ experience of Women, Peace and Security issues and with specific expertise in designing technical assistance, capacity development, M&E and training programmes.
- Knowledge of gender legislation, policies and strategies.
- Expertise in problem analysis, stakeholders’ analysis and preparation of Logframes.
- Experience in working with civil society organisations and administration of grants.
- Working experience in Nigeria will be an asset.
- Demonstrated recent experience (last 5 years) in national gender policies in developing countries.
- The total duration of the mission will be 27 WD.
- Provisional start of the assignment: 30 January, 2017.
- Foreseen finishing date: 21 March, 2017.
Application Closing Date
22nd November, 2016.
How to ApplyInterested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV's on a rolling basis to: firstname.lastname@example.org Note
- All experts must be independent and free from conflicts of interest in the responsibilities they take on.
- Only excellent experts meeting most or all of the above criteria and having an excellent and verifiable track record will be considered.