AUN Jobs in Nigeria : Instructor of Ecology & Conservation Biology
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: The American University of Nigeria (AUN)
- Location: Adamawa, Nigeria
- State: Adamawa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Nigeria
The American University of Nigeria (AUN) was established in 2003. The institution was conceived as Africa’s first Development University. Its mission is to pioneer service learning and build leaders who will be prepared to tackle societal concerns. Located in Yola, Adamawa State, the University is a world-class career-oriented institution missioned to be an agent of change in the development of the region. AUN has a strong commitment to providing the skills and the leadership essential to solving the continent’s critical social and economic problems.
AUN is seeking for an Instructor of Ecology & Conservation Biology. This is an internal advertisement and anyone suitable for the position can apply.
Instructor of Ecology & Conservation Biology
Department: School of Arts & Sciences
Summary of position:
The Instructor of Ecology & Conservation Biology will be responsible for teaching and supporting student learning both inside and outside the classroom. She/He shall work closely with the Dean in formulating and implementing course structure that would translate to effective teaching and learning in the AUN School of Arts and Science in line with its development philosophy.
DETAILED LISTING OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Teaching: The successful candidate will be a member of faculty and will teach courses in the Department of Natural and Environmental Sciences and in General Education.
Research: Undertaking research and implement projects in environmental conservation (broadly defined)
Community Service: Contributing to AUN’s community service and development activities
Academic Advising: Providing a minimum of six hours a week of academic advising to students
Department/Schools Meetings: Attending meetings on a regular basis and as necessary to facilitate communication and to accomplish the work required for the smooth operation of the department and school
Attendance at Academic Functions: Attending meetings of the faculty and any all-college meetings called by AUN administration.
Course Development: Working directly with the Program Chair and/or Dean to develop new courses
Other duties as assigned by the Dean and or Program Chair.
- A Masters Degree in Conservation Biology or (or a related discipline) from a reputable University
- Two years of teaching and/or research experience
- Knowledge of relevant VLE technologies
- Excellent knowledge of ICT tools and e-resources for teaching and research
- Cognate experience of managing environmental conservation or sustainability projects.
- A demonstrated commitment to academic excellence, cultural diversity, and equal opportunity.
- An understanding of the essential values of academic integrity, civility, collegiality and diversity in a community of learners
Desirable (additional) Attributes
- Experience in Africa or other parts of the developing world.
- Commitment to development
- An emerging record of academic publications in reputable peer-reviewed journals commensurate with career stage.
- Interest in and enthusiasm for teaching
- Experience of academic or project work on development
Description of Benefits:
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.