ARM Jobs in Nigeria : Legal Officer
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: ARM
- Location: Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
- State: Nigeria
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Legal Jobs in Nigeria
ARM is Nigeria’s largest non-bank financial institution. We are a diversified and integrated asset management Company with primary interest in traditional asset management, and specialised funds across major sectors. ARM currently manages total assets of circa N727billion; has an AA rating from Agusto and Co. and was named Best Fund Manager, Nigeria by Capital Finance International. The Firm is regulated by the Nigerian Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). ARM is headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria with offices across the country.
This candidate will be responsible for providing legal advice and support in relation to the preparation, review, negotiation and delivery of all contracts and agreements and other documents of a legal nature, including on all legal matters relating to the business of the Company and of Funds managed by it. In addition to this, S/he will provide compliance support in satisfying regulatory and other contractual requirements of the ARM-Harith Infrastructure Fund (the “Fund”) including in relation to the various Fund Agreements, the Investment Process and portfolio/asset management.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Key Responsibilities for the job holder include but are not limited to the following:
- Reviewing and advising on Fund documents, project, finance, investment-related and other contractual documents including assisting with legal and contractual due diligence
- Document and contract preparation and support
- Conducting research on all relevant aspects of law and regulatory requirements as well as research on Fund target sectors, countries, projects, etc, as appropriate, to support Fund Management Team decision-making regarding dealflow development and prioritisation.
- Providing legal and administrative support to the Company and to the Fund vehicles including but not limited to the Investment Committee and the Advisory Board of the Fund including by liaising with the company secretaries in Nigeria and Mauritius
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance with all reporting requirements and obligations under the various Fund documents, Company and regulatory rules/processes, and raising early warning of any deviations from laid-down requirements
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance with Nigerian and Mauritian regulatory requirements pertaining to the Fund and the Company, as well as liaising with Nigerian regulators such as the Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC), and with Estera (Mauritian Corporate Administrators)
- Addressing KYC/CDD requirements in relation to investors in the Fund, Fund vehicles, and company shareholders and stakeholders such as Investment Committee and Advisory Board members, as well as KYC requirements in relation to potential and actual portfolio investments.
The successful candidate must satisfy the following requirements:
- A law degree (e.g. LL.B, BL)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a financial services environment and/or in project development preferably in an infrastructure environment.
- Excellent contract review, analysis, and research skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and a good team player able to operate in a fast-moving entrepreneurial environment
Application closes January 02, 2017.