APIN Jobs in Nigeria : Program Associate – Database Management
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
- Company: AiDS Prevention Initiative in Nigeria (APIN)
- Location: Jos, Plateau, Nigeria
- State: Plateau Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Nigeria
APIN Public Health Initiatives is a non-governmental donor-funded organization dedicated to the prevention, treatment, care and support of diseases of public health importance in Nigeria, including HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria, among others. Since 2001, we have worked closely with key stakeholders to reduce the burden and mitigate the impact of those diseases through cutting edge, innovative & sustainable approaches.
We are seeking qualified and suitable candidates to assume the vacant position below:
Job Title: Program Associate – Database Management
- To provide hands-on support to the management of the program’s database at both the office and sites level in conjunction with the Program Officer- Database Management.
- Assist in setting up and maintaining the data management systems at the APIN supported facilities in the state
- Support data cleaning activities at APIN supported facilities in the state.
- Analyze and summarize sites’ error logs on a monthly basis, highlighting emergent technical assistance needs as well as work closely with supervisor to plan relevant trainings for sites’ support staff as required.
- Conduct routine data quality audit at APIN supported facilities in the state.
- Provide feedbacks for review of Data Management Standard Operating Procedures and Site Assessment Tools.
- Provide online and on-site technical support to program sites in Oyo state on data management issues, including data cleaning, analysis and reporting.
- Carry out periodic visits to the program sites in the state.
- Manage, maintain and forecast the utilization of Harmonized National Data Collection Tools for APIN supported facilities in the state using an inventory database.
- Support Primary Health Centers in the state to perform data entry into DHIS platform.
- Generate, collate, analyze and present summary reports to the State Team using provided framework.
- Participate in joint bi-annual data quality audits in collaboration with the Abuja Office team
- Perform any other official task as may be assigned by supervisor or Management
Qualifications and Experience
- A B.Sc. degree or HND in Computer Science or Information Technology and a minimum of two (2) years cognate experience in database management in an NGO or donor-funded environment.
Application Closing Date
9th December, 2016.
How to ApplyInterested and qualified candidates should send their application letters and CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org stating how their skills, knowledge and experience make them suitable, and addressing the person specifications highlighted above for each position. Note
- The suitability statement should not exceed a page and must appear on the first page of the CV, which must be saved in Microsoft Word and as applicant’s full name.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- APIN offers very competitive terms of employment and is an equal opportunity employer. Women who are qualified for the positions are therefore encouraged to apply.