AfDB Jobs in Nigeria : Senior Strategy Officer – COSP
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
- Company: African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
- Location: Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
- State: Nigeria
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Nigeria
African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Strategy Officer – COSP
- To underpin its efforts in achieving its objective, the Bank operates through a Matrix Structure that requires deliberate and proactive efforts to ensure effective cross-complex collaboration in the implementation of its programs.
- The Office of the Senior Vice President (SVP) supports the President in the management of the institution.
- The SVP is also charged with the responsibility to ensure effective and efficient implementation of policies, key decisions, sustain focus on Bank-wide priorities, improve coherence and coordination across complexes, and ensure that strategic priorities are reflected in the Work Programme and allocation of resources.
- The complex facilitates the achievement of better operational synergy and alignment, enhanced monitoring and management of corporate performance along with strengthening focus on results.
The Hiring Department/Division
- The Operations Committee Secretariat & Quality Assurance (OPSC & QA) is an integral component of the Bank’s operational organizational structure, tasked to ensure that policies and investment proposals are aligned with Bank strategy and mandate; and serves as the forum for Senior Management review and resolution of policy issues affecting operations.
- The Department also oversees and leads cross-cutting efforts to improve quality at entry and quality at exit, as well as to enhance a results-focused supervision culture.
- Senior management from across the Bank Group participates on a regular basis through the presentation of their investment or policy proposals.
- The position of Director of the Operations Committee Secretariat & Quality Assurance requires independent initiative, judgment, and decision making.
- The Director will promote efficiency and excellence in the Bank’s operations and transformative agenda.
- S/he will be required to plan, organize, and perform a variety of duties along the project cycle related to development, preparation, and presentation of Bank projects to ensure that only high quality Bank projects are brought before the President and the Board. This will entail developing and executing standards for quality at entry of projects in support of the vision, mission, and goals of the Bank.
- S/he will also provide support to the SVP in running the Operations Committee and in the implementation of the Delivery and Business Development Model.
Duties and responsibilities
- Under the general supervision of the Senior Vice President (SVP), the Director of the Operations Committee Secretariat & Quality Assurance Department is responsible for developing a strategic approach that will enhance the quality and timely development of operations from throughout the project cycle.
Quality Assurance & Control:
- Develop and update quality-at-entry (QaE) standards for operations (sovereign and non-sovereign) and country strategies;
- Set evidence-based rating methods for project/program supervision and project/program completion reporting;
- Develop results-focused quality assurance tools and due diligence mechanisms applicable to operations and country strategies (log frames, results matrices, checklists);
- Establish procedures and mechanisms for controlling adherence to standards and contribute to bank-wide efficiency improvement initiatives (Quality Assurance dashboard);
- Lead together with operations complexes the revision of operational guidelines, policies and business processes to ensure integration of quality and results standards;
- Ensure that common standards are used across the regional hubs in the review and clearance of projects/programs and countries strategies and their derivatives.
Operational Knowledge and Excellence:
- Develop and implement programs to mainstream the use of operational quality standards and results tools through staff training, learning events and on-the-job coaching/mentoring;
- Produce and disseminate knowledge products across operational complexes to enhance the quality and effectiveness of Bank operations and countries strategies;
- Draw on good practices and innovative experiences, in-house and externally, to constantly seek operational quality enhancement;
- Set up and manage incentive mechanisms for staff at all levels, to promote a culture of performance, results and quality;
- Support the operational knowledge and excellence functions in the regions.
The Operations Committee Secretariat Function:
- Manage the Operations Committee (OpsCom) Meetings: organize the meetings, take and prepare the minutes, circulate minutes before the next meeting, highlight matters arising and track their implementation, etc.;
- Prepare the flash report after each OpsCom Meeting for the President;
- Review and clear all documents that have complied with OpsCom guidance;
- Coordinate the review of OpsCom documents and prepare advisory notes for the Chair;
- Review /coordinate the review of documents submitted for OpsCom clearance to ensure compliance with all relevant corporate policies and strategies and alignment with the High 5s and the Ten-Year Strategy as well as have clear delivery mechanisms prior to submission for consideration by OpsCom;
- Monitor and report on the Country and Regional Teams’ compliance with and guaranteeing the quality of review process at their level;
- Follow up and ensure on a regular basis that all systemic operational and fiduciary issues raised by the Board/CODE/AUFI and IDEV are adequately addressed in all projects submitted for OpsCom clearance and provide regular feedback to operations entities;
- Develop appropriate guidelines for documents that require fast tracking and LOTB clearance by OpsCom;
- Develop, maintain, and continuously improve OpsCom Internal Operating Procedures aimed at streamlining and simplifying OpsCom meetings; and,
- Review and propose improvements to the efficiency and effectiveness of the OpsCom review and Clearance process.
- A minimum of a Master’s degree (or its equivalent) in Economics, Finance, Business Administration, Social Sciences or related disciplines;
- A minimum of 10 years of extensive work experience in operations policy development;
- Competence in the use of ERP Systems (preferably SAP) and standard MS office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint);
- Track record of thinking conceptually and mastering complex subject matters quickly;
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated capacity to develop and implement practical strategies, plans, and solutions to identified issues and problems;
- Proven ability to assimilate information gathered through research and consultations, to apply that information in creative and cross-cutting ways, and to synthesize appropriate strategies and responses;
- Superior critical thinking skills, including the capacity to identify and appropriately assess and order competing interests and priorities;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Track record of taking initiatives in managing competing organizational and departmental priorities and to work effectively under pressure when facing extremely short deadlines;
- Exceptional research, writing, analytical and organizational skills, and the ability to convey complex concepts in a clear, concise and logical manner;
- Good judgment, discretion, tact and the ability to work easily with senior leaders within the Bank, and business sectors;
- Ability to partner well with colleagues both in and outside the Bank;
- Ability to work independently and to undertake supervisory responsibilities as needed;
- Excellent coordination skills and ability to converse easily with multi sectoral teams on complex assignments.
Application Closing Date
2nd January, 2017.