ACF-International Jobs in Nigeria : LGA Technical Advisor
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- Location: Dutse, Jigawa, Nigeria
- State: Jigawa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Nigeria
Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: LGA Technical Advisor
- To strengthen the capacity of the Local Government Area (LGA) nutrition focal person or team (as designated by the LGA) in management, delivery, and advocacy of cost-effective malnutrition prevention and treatment interventions (interventions include – Infant & Young Child Feeding, Community Management of Acute Malnutrition , Maternal & Child Health Weeks).
- Support the assigned LGA in nutrition program planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Support and coordinate micronutrient supplementation and maternal, newborn and child health weeks.
- Coordination and support to health office of LGA.
- Strengthen technical and advocacy capacity at LGA level.
- Bachelor of Science with a major in Nutrition or Bachelor of Nutrition; graduate degree in a similar field a plus.
- Health / Public Health / Nutrition / Higher Diploma or equivalent.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Experience of emergency nutrition work and the design and implementation of feeding programmes (ideally IYCF, CTC/CMAM), including IYCF monitoring and evaluation.
- Proven capacity to supervise, train and coach staff.
- Proven experience and ability in report writing.
- Computer literacy.
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to be respectful, kind, sensitive and empathise with all beneficiaries and their careers.
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions.
- Prepared to live and work in an uncertain security environment.
- Commitment to and understanding of ACF’s aims, values and principles.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Hausa.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and patience.
- Facilitation and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience in the setup of a IYCF program within CMAM program in an emergency context.
- Experience with working with partners, including the government.
- Previous experience working with mothers support group and strong negotiation skill for behavior change.
- Fluency in local languages (Hausa , Fulani).
- Training in adult education/learning and effective training approaches.
Application Closing Date
30th December, 2016.
How to ApplyInterested and qualified candidates should submit their applications by email to: [email protected] To be considered, applications must include a CV and letter of interest, and indicate the full position title and location in the email subject line, or on the application envelope. For example, “Public Health Promotion and Non Food Items Distribution Officer - Borno”. Note
- Applications will be processed on First Come First Served basis and any application received without these specifications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.