A NEMP Jobs in Nigeria : General Manager
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: A Newly Established Mini-Industrial Park
- Location: Uyo, Akwa Ibom, Nigeria
- State: Akwa Ibom Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Sales/Marketing Jobs in Nigeria
A newly established Mini-Industrial Park made up of several factories comprising several cottage industries for the manufacture of toothpicks, pencils, plastics, PVC extrusion, building materials etc; urgently require the services of qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Manager
- Developing and executing the vision of creating an industrial park made up of a cornucopia of several cottage industries
- Providing strategic advice to the board and chairperson
- Preparing and implementing comprehensive business plans to facilitate achievement Job brief
- We are looking for an experienced General Manager to control and oversee all business operations, people and ventures.
- You will be the highest-ranking manager in the organisation and will be responsible for the overall success of the business.
- The ideal candidate will be a strategist and a leader able to steer the industrial complex to the most profitable direction while also implementing its vision, mission and long term goals Very strong crisis and stakeholders’ management skills will be an added advantage.
- The goal is to ensure the company is constantly moving towards fulfilling its short-term and long-term objectives and does not diverge from its strategic guidelines.
- Responsible for the overall day-to-day supervision and efficient running of the factories and the facilities
- Develop and execute the company’s business strategies to order to attain the goals of the board and shareholders
- Provide strategic advice to the board so that they will have accurate view of the market and the company’s future
- Prepare and implement comprehensive business plans to facilitate achievement by planning costing-effective operations and market development activities.
- Ensure company policies and legal guidelines are communicated all the way from the top down in the company and that they are followed always
- Communicate and maintain trust relationships with stakeholders
- Oversee the company’s financial performance, investments and other business ventures
- Delegate responsibilities and supervise the work of junior executives providing guidance and motivation to drive maximum performance
- Put in place an appraisal system for the lower ranked managers to reward performance, apply consequence management where necessary, prevent issues and resolve problems
- Act as the public speaker and public relations representative of the company in ways that strengthen its profile
- Analyse problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure company survival and growth
- Proven experience as General Manager or other managerial position
- Demonstrable experience in developing strategic and business plans
- Thorough knowledge of market changes and forces that influence the company
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and measures of performance
- Familiarity with corporate law and management best practices
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities
- The successful candidate will be willing to live in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State.
- HND or B.Sc/BA in Business Administration or relevant field; with at least 10 years’ practical experience in managing similar industrial concerns.
Application Closing Date
3rd January, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit hard copies of their applications and CV's to: Submit at: Desk 2, 2nd Floor, AKEES Hub, Opposite Ibom Hall, IBB Way, Uyo, Akwa Ibom State.